Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wing mirror heaters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently I've noticed that pre-conditioning does not turn on the wing mirror heaters. Had to turn on the rear window heater manually, even though it is obviously already defrosted. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a setting somewhere that I haven't found to change this behaviour?

There are wing mirror heaters now?

If you pull up on the precondition screen in the app you get the "defrost" options.

So App > Climate > notice little grey bar at the bottom and pull up. > defrost car. That should turn everything on max.

Reactions: Marvin03
Not being able to turn on the wing mirror heaters without the rear window heat was a problem for me today doing a long drive in temperatures that kept fogging up the mirrors.

Does it not use a lot more power or is it not really significant? And is it ok for the heated rear glass to be left on like that? Maybe paranoid but I've always been concerned about it cracking the glass, certainly heard of that happening.

Given the digital interface I'm kind of surprised you can't just do the mirrors if you need it.