TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wingit's new finish.

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by WINGIT, May 15, 2018.

1. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

A few photos of Wingit after having Xpel Ultimate applied by Atlanta Protective Films (Derek in Roswell) and Ceramic Pro applied by SS Paint Corrections (Skyler in Marietta). Sweet!!!

Wingit 0.jpg View attachment 301451 Wingit 6.JPG

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  2. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Looking good!

• Like x 1
  3. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Any tint on the front windshield?

• Like x 1
  4. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

Not the front windshield, but I'm glad you asked. Because I forgot to add that the driver and passenger side windows were tinted by Executive Tint (Josh in Roswell).

5. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

May I ask what percent tint you went with on the windows? They look great!

• Like x 2
  6. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

32%

• Helpful x 1
  7. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

I am curious why you used three different vendors? Dealers in my area are certified in both. Looks great btw!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

• Like x 1
  9. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

Each company we dealt with is the best we could find for their specialty. We found Atlanta Protective Films just by doing research. Executive Tint is actually collocated with APF in the same building. Also Executive Tint did the windows for Like Tesla Kim's Model X. And last, Derek at APF recommended Skyler at SS Paint Corrections. He has worked for years in paint correction and that is his specificity.

10. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

did u xpel the doors too?

• Like x 1
  11. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

No, we did a front wrap. That was Derek's recommendation. Bumper, lights, hood, fenders, pillars, mirrors. In addition we had him do the door sills and he added film to the door handles.

12. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

I did the front only wrap, along with some extra material at the bottom of the doors, when it was new. A few months later I decided to have the entire car (less the frunk) wrapped. Glad I did as I drove about 5k miles of winter mountain driving this year and am sure the wrap helped a lot.

Having said that I still have about 4 places on the hood where rock chips broke through the Xpel and in one case still chipped the paint. My car still looks as good as the day I got it in March of 2016. Of course parking way out in the boondies doesn't hurt either. Xpel cannot save you from door dings.

upload_2018-5-18_10-37-46.png

• Like x 1
  13. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

Looks good! :)