Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Charging Ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh... so? He's asking for ideas on how to avoid dragging the cable in the salt and getting it everywhere. At what point did he describe this as anything else???

View attachment 253717

I also don’t think this is a huge issue, hence I called the threat winter charge “ideas” because I was looking for some thoughts on a workaround and I got quite a few good ones thus far...so thanks for the ideas.

Can't you just back your car into the garage? Cord will not touch floor at all potentially depending on where your wall charger is located.
Not always an option. I will have this issue with the 3 as I drive in on the right side of the garage as close to the wall as possible. The wife backs in as close as possible to the opposite wall as we have a really narrow two car garage, and this is the only way for it to work so we can both open our doors to get out. Either side we park on, the charge connector is going to be in the middle of the garage and it will need to be managed and out of the way both when in use and not in use.