Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter mats for new MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla_20_Model_Y_Angled_Seat_Bracket.jpg

Looks like the latest MYs had some changes to the seat mount shape. I usually get Weathertechs for my cars, but they haven’t made the change yet.

Anyone have any suggestions for brands that will fit cars with this change?

have a 2021 Y and use the 3D MaxSpider mats. Here is a photo of the same spot. The mat comes short of the pedestal by just under an inch, so the slope of the legs do not interfere. This is fine for me, but might bother someone who likes to rest their left foot toward the back of the footwell.

IMG_0180 2.jpeg

The mats are great.

I wish the backseat mat reached a bit further under the front seats that it does, but it is fine. It reaches forward just about the same as the original mats.

Last edited:
have a 2021 Y and use the 3D MaxSpider mats. Here is a photo of the same spot. The mat comes short of the pedestal by just under an inch, so the slope of the legs do not interfere. This is fine for me, but might bother someone who likes to rest their left foot toward the back of the footwell.

View attachment 617221

The mats are great.

I wish the backseat mat reached a bit further under the front seats that it does, but it is fine. It reaches forward just about the same as the original mats.

Good to know that they still fit decently, I bought the 3dmaxiders before I got the car, no wonder they have been dropping in price recently as they probably need to get rid of old stock for this slight update?

Just got the Tesla all weather mats.

They're great, only improvement I would have wanted is the same velcro they have for the front mats, would have been nice for the trunk.

Attachments

• PXL_20201219_225747821.jpg
    PXL_20201219_225747821.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 111
  • PXL_20201219_225857432.jpg
    PXL_20201219_225857432.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 98
See post #19. Floor Mat Mount Change November 2020

"Thank you for your email. We have tried our current mats to the newest Model Y, which is an acceptable fitment. We understand that other brand might have made their products for this slight difference. But currently , we are using the same fitment on all model Y mats. Our R&D dept is also looking into making a Version 2 mats and if needed for any additional upcoming changes. Thank you. "

See post #19. Floor Mat Mount Change November 2020

"Thank you for your email. We have tried our current mats to the newest Model Y, which is an acceptable fitment. We understand that other brand might have made their products for this slight difference. But currently , we are using the same fitment on all model Y mats. Our R&D dept is also looking into making a Version 2 mats and if needed for any additional upcoming changes. Thank you. "
i wonder what they mean by acceptable.

Would love to see the floor mats on a newer Y with the updated mount

i wonder what they mean by acceptable.

Would love to see the floor mats on a newer Y with the updated mount
Found this photo of the Tesmanian driver's side front seat floor liner installed in a Model Y with the new seat mount:

imgur.com

The new Model Y front seat mounts have a front edge that slopes down and back away from the liner. The original mount actually sloped down and forward a bit. With the new mount there is about a 1" gap where the rear sides of the Tesmanian floor liner ends, does not extend back under the overhang of the new mount. The center portion of the Tesmanian floor liner extends as before under the front seat.

Last edited:
Found this photo of the Tesmanian driver's side front seat floor liner installed in a Model Y with the new seat mount:

imgur.com

The new Model Y front seat mounts have a front edge that slopes down and back away from the liner. The original mount actually sloped down and forward a bit. With the new mount there is about a 1" gap where the rear sides of the Tesmanian floor liner ends, does not extend back under the overhang of the new mount. The center portion of the Tesmanian floor liner extends as before under the front seat.

thanks! couldn't really see much in that photo but your explanation worked.

thanks! couldn't really see much in that photo but your explanation worked.
If you go back to post #12 you can clearly see the old mount; then look at the second photo in post #15 and you can see that the new mount slopes back creating an overhang. The photo I found is looking down so the overhang is not visible but you can see how the Tesmanian front seat floor liner ends short of the base of the new front seat mount

If you go back to post #12 you can clearly see the old mount; then look at the second photo in post #15 and you can see that the new mount slopes back creating an overhang. The photo I found is looking down so the overhang is not visible but you can see how the Tesmanian front seat floor liner ends short of the base of the new front seat mount
ahh got it

Now that you pointed it out I can see what you're saying

It doesn't seem too bad just a slight gap in the back.

Thanks !!