Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tire recommendations

What is your plan for winter tires?

• Sticking with all-seasons

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Looking into the Pirelli set offered by Tesla

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Looking into the Nokian studded set offered by Tesla

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Looking at another brand

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not recommend purchasing Tesla's wheel packages. They say they are in stock but yet nothing ships. My current appointment for pickup has me 2+ Months after ordering. They also charged me Fully for the package. I should have known better.

Looking for Plan B options now. Wish there were more.

• Informative
Reactions: sandman1330
I would not recommend purchasing Tesla's wheel packages. They say they are in stock but yet nothing ships. My current appointment for pickup has me 2+ Months after ordering. They also charged me Fully for the package. I should have known better.

I can’t believe they charge before it even ships. That is crazy. Too bad as it is a nice package.

Let me start with a little venting. Customer service is just like I have read here for the last 9 months. I ordered my MSLR in January and I asked my Tesla advisor which tires my car would have at delivery. I was told all season tires.

I accepted my MS on Monday and it has summer tires. I complained because It’s is now mid September and come lat October or November those tires would be useless in the Philadelphia area. I was told the summer tires are the correct configuration. I asked for a service appointment to swap the summer tires for all season. I was told sure for about $1,300 they could do It. I asked for a credit for the brand new summer tires and I was told a flat no. I have no place to store the tires and no desire to toss a brand new set of tires.

I need all season tires, I’ll worry about what to do with the summer tires later. My question to the forum is, should I get the Continental Procontact RX or the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4?

It will feel different for sure. Primarily due to the softer compound of the rubber. Unless you go with a more performance-based winter tire like the Pirelli Scorpion or the Michelin Pilot Aplin PA4 (My all-time favorite winter tire). These drive closer to a performance all-season tire but problem is I do not believe they are available for our cars.

Just take it a little easier during the winter months on the turns and it will make putting your summer tires on next year that much more exciting.
Perhaps to make it even MORE exciting, I'll replace the all seasons for a really good performance tire on my summer rims!!!

Let me start with a little venting. Customer service is just like I have read here for the last 9 months. I ordered my MSLR in January and I asked my Tesla advisor which tires my car would have at delivery. I was told all season tires.

I accepted my MS on Monday and it has summer tires. I complained because It’s is now mid September and come lat October or November those tires would be useless in the Philadelphia area. I was told the summer tires are the correct configuration. I asked for a service appointment to swap the summer tires for all season. I was told sure for about $1,300 they could do It. I asked for a credit for the brand new summer tires and I was told a flat no. I have no place to store the tires and no desire to toss a brand new set of tires.

I need all season tires, I’ll worry about what to do with the summer tires later. My question to the forum is, should I get the Continental Procontact RX or the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4?
Michelin all the way. I got the Contis and they suck in bad weather.

I ran all last winter with Michelin X-ICE and 19" Replica 241 rims on my Refresh S. Fantastic combination (am in Canada so hard winter)
What is the width and offset on your rims? And what width tires? I just took delivery of my Model S LR and need to be ready for winter.

I don't trust that Tesla's package will be in stock and shipping in time, and I think a narrower, square setup makes sense for winter tires anyway.

Still waiting for these snow tires to arrive. Really irritated with the lack of service that TESLA has as a whole. Pretty shady charging me full price for a product they advertised in stock and months later I am still waiting. I am about to dispute it with my CC Company. If anyone has any ideas on who I can complain to? BBB?

Still waiting for these snow tires to arrive. Really irritated with the lack of service that TESLA has as a whole. Pretty shady charging me full price for a product they advertised in stock and months later I am still waiting. I am about to dispute it with my CC Company. If anyone has any ideas on who I can complain to? BBB?
That is shady. Usually backordered stuff isn't charged until shipped. Have you tried contacting Tesla customer service via email or phone to cancel the order?

That is shady. Usually backordered stuff isn't charged until shipped. Have you tried contacting Tesla customer service via email or phone to cancel the order?
No, Not yet. I want the set and I am still holding out a little hope they will deliver it. I have been going back and forth with the service center that is supposed to be receiving them. They have the wheels and TPMS but no tires. Today they suggested I "go look at third party options if I'd like" Gee thanks.

If they assured you all seasons would be on it its on them. If i had emails and such from them on this i would talk to the sc

No, Not yet. I want the set and I am still holding out a little hope they will deliver it. I have been going back and forth with the service center that is supposed to be receiving them. They have the wheels and TPMS but no tires. Today they suggested I "go look at third party options if I'd like" Gee thanks.
I honestly don’t understand after a year now, that they don’t have more stock. Almost like a false advertisement and they should just take them off their website.

I honestly don’t understand after a year now, that they don’t have more stock. Almost like a false advertisement and they should just take them off their website.
Yeah they just pushed me out another month to Mid November. I asked the service center to sell me the wheels and tpms and I will find my own tires but shocker, nobody has gotten back to me. I am going to swing by the service center sometime in the next week or so and see what I can accomplish there.

Discount has no problem getting the Pirelli tires.

Looking like Tesla wasted 3 months of my time while holding on to my money. cannot wait to see how hard it is to get my money back. should be great!

Yeah they just pushed me out another month to Mid November. I asked the service center to sell me the wheels and tpms and I will find my own tires but shocker, nobody has gotten back to me. I am going to swing by the service center sometime in the next week or so and see what I can accomplish there.

Looking like Tesla wasted 3 months of my time while holding on to my money. cannot wait to see how hard it is to get my money back. should be great!
use discount tires....i do..and watch them work on my car..have been happy with thier work and prices

I have had nothing but issues with Tesla since I got this POS I waited 16 months for. First and last for sure. I have no idea how they retain customers because once they get your money your worthless.

That’s the solution. Order tires from Tire Rack and have them shipped to the Tesla service and they will mount and balance them on the wheels. I’ve done that multiple times and it’s fine
Curious - why go to Tesla service, when you can go to local Discount Tire if in your area? What does Tesla Service does differently and our local Discount Tire is outstanding.

• Funny
Reactions: meomyo