Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tires - Continental VikingContact 7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone that may not be aware of what options are available for winter tires these days, I've decided to go with the Continental VikingContact 7. No 1st hand feedback yet. Pittsburgh doesn't get many days where the roads are too bad, but I like having the peace of mind.

I got them in 235/45/18, which is the exact size as the stock tires.

These seem to be the best non-studded winter tires when it comes to ice braking, which is the most important aspect of winter tires to me since everything else, I can visually determine, and (hopefully) account for. Black ice, however, I'll take all the help I can get.

They also seem to be better than the Michelin X-Ice3 in just about every category while costing substantially less.

Feel free to do your own research, however. In the meantime, here is one datapoint.

Continental VikingContact 7 test ans review of the Continental ContiVikingContact 7 | AllTyreTests.com

Adding real world experience - I purchased a P3D- specifically to avoid the summer tires and a hope that I could get by with the all seasons on the 19" wheels. Unfortunately, we just had our first couple snows in Michigan and the OEM 19" all seasons are pretty bad. Chill mode and low regeneration helped a little but still pretty slick on the roads. About to pull the trigger on VikingContact tires/wheels....

Adding real world experience - I purchased a P3D- specifically to avoid the summer tires and a hope that I could get by with the all seasons on the 19" wheels. Unfortunately, we just had our first couple snows in Michigan and the OEM 19" all seasons are pretty bad. Chill mode and low regeneration helped a little but still pretty slick on the roads. About to pull the trigger on VikingContact tires/wheels....
I just had a little bit of freezing rain that turned into snow overnight here in Denver, I drive 30 miles to work, the Viking Contact 7 were solid, no issues whatsover and no slipping at all, had regen down to low but i was never in chill mode. It handled great, hoping to get some more experience with them but so far i am liking them!

I just had a little bit of freezing rain that turned into snow overnight here in Denver, I drive 30 miles to work, the Viking Contact 7 were solid, no issues whatsover and no slipping at all, had regen down to low but i was never in chill mode. It handled great, hoping to get some more experience with them but so far i am liking them!
Did you drive your Model 3 in the last storm? I am waiting on my Model 3 and just ordered a set of Vikings with 18" wheels. I live south of Denver and am hoping to get an idea of how the car handles in deeper snow. Thanks

Did you drive your Model 3 in the last storm? I am waiting on my Model 3 and just ordered a set of Vikings with 18" wheels. I live south of Denver and am hoping to get an idea of how the car handles in deeper snow. Thanks
Yes and took them on a 1400 mile trip to Tulsa OK for thanksgiving. The tires did great on the snow packed/icy roads. I highly reccommend them to anyone looking for great winter tires.

I have these and am finding they are not great in the deep slushy snow we had the last couple of days. Doesn't take much of an incline for the car to really struggle for traction and I did get stuck once in a parking lot. They just don't seem to grab like a good sticky Blizzak.

Lip galore on the Aero wheels. LMFAO I already have winter sets for a car due in November.
Highly rated, XL load. and Made in Germany, what could go wrong? Will post again around Christmas.
Conti Vikingcontact 7.jpg

Very impressed with dry performance, the CV7s on my M3LR are on par or better than the OEM all seasons, this was my big beef with the X-Ice I used on the MS, though bad weather behavior was good.

Now for the big winter storm we will have to wait another month here in OH.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2