Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper blade replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any advice for wiper blade replacement for 2020 model 3 in the UK other than OEM from Tesla?

By Google searches looks like nothing fits???

The only ones I found were Bosh Aero twins, but the ones I bought didn’t fit. I KNOW they’re the originals.. but the 2 were less than £20 😅
The attachment was almost the same but not identical.

Just a quick PSA. I decided to replace my MY wiper blades but could not find them at any of the usual places Tesla, Halfords, Europarts etc when I looked a week or so ago. Eventually I tracked down Bosch ones on Ebay for £25 for the pair. i.e. less than half the price from Tesla if they had had them.
Not sure who makes the OEM but these seem to be identical so maybe it's Bosch.
now that I have the bosch part number A871S (1x650mm and 1x475mm) I can see there are other places have them but still no one cheaper.
So if anyone else is in the market then recommended

Edit
Even after depressing the release button the old ones needed a good hard wiggle and pull to remove which is tricky for the drivers one half way across the screen but other than that no issues fitting the new ones (wiper service mode required of course for the uninitiated)

• Informative
Reactions: Tintin825
Upvote 0
Just received my spares blades from Tesla and one has a Bosch written on it, so yes they do come from Bosch.

So these might have saved me a few quid...

Upvote 0
Just replaced mine with Trico Flex 650mm and 475mm and was very pleased with them till I realised that it leaves a thin gap about 10cm high and a1 cm wide at the bottom of the windscreen between the two wipers in front of the passenger. Turns out the Tesla originals are 660mm wide (26 inches) on the drivers side rather than 650mm and that leaves the small gap unwiped. It’s a small thing but it’s annoying me already!

Upvote 0
Just a heads up Bosch A871S £17.90 for the set. Inc. delivery! EBay shop carpartsinmotion and use their 20% discount code at checkout.
Hope this helps someone.
I didn't need new blades even after 3 1/2 years.. but just in case over the winter, these will stay in the car.
That's a really good price because I just notice Tesla are now charging £31/each blade now, and they are Bosch wipers too!

Upvote 0
Just a heads up Bosch A871S £17.90 for the set. Inc. delivery! EBay shop carpartsinmotion and use their 20% discount code at checkout.
Hope this helps someone.
I didn't need new blades even after 3 1/2 years.. but just in case over the winter, these will stay in the car.
Yes, somewhat bizarrely, my wipers are also good and am now entering my 5th winter! This all the more surprising given that some people reported the early death of their blades within their first year.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Upvote 0