Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charger in pre-refresh MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Tesla has discontinued the wireless charger for the center console. Anyone knows where I can get one?
I’ve heard Abstractocean sell an aftermarket one, but sold out currently. (Below is the link)

Let me know if you have one for sale.

Thanks

Anyone knows where I can get one?

Your local Service Center can probably help you get one.

Make a new service appointment on your Tesla app.

Just select "Other" then "Something Else" and there, write:

Over The Counter (OTC) Part Request: Model S/X Wireless Phone Charger - Part Number: 1562264-00-A

Screenshot_20220921_100627_Samsung Notes.jpg

Reactions: Darmie and arcus
The description for the Abstract Ocean wireless charger mentioned by the OP says: "Please note this product is not compatible with 1st generation drop-in Premium Center Console". I've seen the same warning on a couple other wireless chargers I've come across for pre-refresh Model S.

My 2015 MS 70D has a 1st gen console, I believe the main visible difference is that the newer gen console has a wider sliding door than the 1st gen ones like mine, though the flip-up wired phone charging stand looks the same, so I'm not sure why these chargers like the OA one won't fit (dimensions differ, I assume?)

Does anyone know of a wireless charger/Magsafe retrofit that WILL work with the 1st gen premium console?

FYI, i can confirm Tesla still sells it OTC
I was ordering parts n decided to add it just to see if they order:
1686240260319.png

While i wouldn't order it for that price, i scored a deal on facebook market ($40 ;))
It works fine for my needs but not every phone with case on will fit in the slot...

The description for the Abstract Ocean wireless charger mentioned by the OP says: "Please note this product is not compatible with 1st generation drop-in Premium Center Console". I've seen the same warning on a couple other wireless chargers I've come across for pre-refresh Model S.

My 2015 MS 70D has a 1st gen console, I believe the main visible difference is that the newer gen console has a wider sliding door than the 1st gen ones like mine, though the flip-up wired phone charging stand looks the same, so I'm not sure why these chargers like the OA one won't fit (dimensions differ, I assume?)

Does anyone know of a wireless charger/Magsafe retrofit that WILL work with the 1st gen premium console?

I finally got around to an inexpensive DIY solution for a MagSafe charger in my 2015 MS with 1st gen premium console, since no commercially available product seems to exist for these older consoles.

I removed the old Lightning dock connector and Skyline phone bracket I'd been using previously for wired charging, and using some thick double-sided foam tape I attached a MagSafe charger puck (C$17 on amazon.ca) to the flip-up console panel where the phone normally rests. I routed the new USB-C cable underneath where the Lightning cable used to go, and plugged it into the 12V cigarette socket using a dual-output 5Vx2.4A USB charger, with a 90 degree USB-A to USB-C adapter to keep the cable from protruding too much into the open area of the console compartment.

With a MagSafe compatible case my iPhone 14 Pro attaches securely to the magnet and charges, complete with the MagSafe animation displayed when it's first attached. I haven't measured how fast it charges, but presumably @ 2.4A it'll get 12W (the MagSafe charging puck is rated at up to 15W).

Photos:

Attachments

• IMG_3967.jpg
    IMG_3967.jpg
    556.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3989.jpg
    IMG_3989.jpg
    740.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3990.jpg
    IMG_3990.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7720.jpg