Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charging in Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome iPhone users.
I've been using QI adapters in my Tesla for three years now with my Android phones.
Just plug them into the USB ports. I've used several over the years. The "3 coil" chargers are less sensitive to correct placement. Amazon has lots of these. (The "quick/fast chargers" only work with Samsung phones so not necessary for iPhone.)
Here's one: https://smile.amazon.com/Wireless-C...83&sr=8-6&keywords=qi+wireless+charger+3+coil
I don't pay attention to charging speed. I just set the phone down on the pad while I'm in the car and it always stays charged.
I've found the flat pads work best. The phones tend to come off the angled stands with quick acceleration which I sometimes do ;)

Do you still love this product?
I’ve read reviews on slow charging etc.

Yeah, I still do.
Granted, it's not the fastest charger but it does a good job charging my Galaxy S10+. I find the quality of the materials to be quite good, as I thought it would scratch the center console side walls. I'm not sure, but I guess you could replace the charging coils or the 12V plug for a higher output one.

If you plug it directly into any of the two USB ports, it would be nearly impossible to use, due to the low amperage output of such ports.