Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Phone Charger Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looked and waited, bought the 3D printer about a month ago and made my own as well.

final prototype below, planning on making a Black one soon.

Attachments

• C6FE903A-743F-4C01-ACC8-E766EB49541D.jpeg
    C6FE903A-743F-4C01-ACC8-E766EB49541D.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 148
View attachment 564618

Just came in today. Can’t install it yet because my car is in the shop for a dead MCU.

Is the USB cable detachable on the dock end? In other words... could I replace the USB cable with a slightly longer one? I'd like to reroute the cable once it comes up from under the rubber mat to plug into a 12V adapter. Wanted to see if that would increase the charging capablity of the wireless pad....

Is the USB cable detachable on the dock end? In other words... could I replace the USB cable with a slightly longer one? I'd like to reroute the cable once it comes up from under the rubber mat to plug into a 12V adapter. Wanted to see if that would increase the charging capablity of the wireless pad....

just got mine today...,you can not change our cord, you would have to use a usb extension

that’s what i was afraid of.. do you have an older X with old mcu1? Some one say newer X with Mcu2 charges faster. Could also plug it into 12v via USB adapter for faster charging

i have it installed on MCU2 seems to charge fast, didn’t do anything scientific but went from 61%to 67% just over 5 minutes. Next time I drive the x I’ll do little more “research”