Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless phone charging now listed as standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sorry if this was mentioned already, but I just noticed Tesla listed wireless phone charging as a standard option on their Model S and X on their site. Could this mean a new redesign center console in production to accommodate this?

Attachments

• tesssssla.jpg
    tesssssla.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 72
Wonder how that'll be added into the console..Hopefully, it won't be the type that allows the phone to slide around.
This was my question. A new console? Any other changes? Seems like it’s not worth it.

Personally I use ProclipUSA’s mounts which work a lot better in an S or X than in a 3 (since they still have ‘normal’ air vents) :D.

Reactions: P85DBeast

This seems most likely. I do wonder if it will come installed or if they'll leave it in the frunk with no explanation like the curved dividers for the console storage area. My delivery agent had no clue what those were for.

They aren't likely to be selling a refreshed interior with the old photos. Good news is, it should be an easy retrofit to the current gen console like the wired phone dock.