Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wirelessphone charger installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A3DCAA67-4D16-479B-9309-F3E8F95996B9.jpeg
It only took me like 10min. Purchased wireless cell phone charger from Amazon for $15.99. Replaced the dock iPhone from Tesla. Used 3M tape to secure the charger or u could use Velcro too. So far so good it’s magnatized it does not move. Haven tried it with Ludacris mode. But for $15.99 mod u can’t beat that. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 694FC18F-41E4-47F7-BED5-5CA503928E0A.jpeg
    694FC18F-41E4-47F7-BED5-5CA503928E0A.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 9F486D3B-9D6E-4239-B3C9-8488EFC78C06.jpeg
    9F486D3B-9D6E-4239-B3C9-8488EFC78C06.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 216
View attachment 258916 It only took me like 10min. Purchased wireless cell phone charger from Amazon for $15.99. Replaced the dock iPhone from Tesla. Used 3M tape to secure the charger or u could use Velcro too. So far so good it’s magnatized it does not move. Haven tried it with Ludacris mode. But for $15.99 mod u can’t beat that. Here are some pics.

Thanks Flash TX! A couple of questions:

1) Can you please provide a link to the Qi charger that you purchased from Amazon?

2) The iPhone X itself does not have any magnets in it and, as such, does not stay attached to Qi chargers (I already have a Bezalel Futura X Qi charger). Does your iPhone X, without the case that you have, stay attached to your wireless charger? I can’t imagine how it would be able to do this. Is there something about your case that keeps it attached to the charger?

Thanks,

Andrew

2) The iPhone X itself does not have any magnets in it and, as such, does not stay attached to Qi chargers (I already have a Bezalel Futura X Qi charger). Does your iPhone X, without the case that you have, stay attached to your wireless charger? I can’t imagine how it would be able to do this. Is there something about your case that keeps it attached to the charger?

Wireless Qi charging has been out for nearly 10 years and every phone (and nearly every tablet) I've had for the past 5+ years has had Qi charging. I know the Nexus 5 had magnets which kept it attached to the Qi charger. I used a magnetic Qi charger to hold and charge my phone in my previous car for several years.

• Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow
View attachment 258916 It only took me like 10min. Purchased wireless cell phone charger from Amazon for $15.99. Replaced the dock iPhone from Tesla. Used 3M tape to secure the charger or u could use Velcro too. So far so good it’s magnatized it does not move. Haven tried it with Ludacris mode. But for $15.99 mod u can’t beat that. Here are some pics.

Great idea Flash TX
A couple of questions if I may:
1) where and what size metal plate did you place inside the phone case to work and not interfere with the qi coils?
2) can you still close the door of the cubby area and if so do you just refeed the charging cable back in the slot?

@GOPJEW
@ALLMYNE
Any update on whether/how this worked for you guys?

Also, how's the charging speed?
Do you need a magnetic case or will the naked iPhone work?
Any issue with it sliding or falling off when driving/accelerating?

Thanks.
So I used the magnetic case on my iPhone X and the charger - it’s awesome and easy!

Some double stick tape on the back of the charger and the magnetic case - no problems when launching in Ludicrous!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 69