Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WIW (Whats it Worth) - 2013 S40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This S40 has been on ebay for a while:
Tesla: Model S

There was one other white one which disappeared recently, interestingly enough after the seller removed any mention of the 40KWhr battery capacity reference or the "S40" model (you could still tell if you decoded the VIN though). I thought maybe he upgraded to 60 in order to sell, but then he'd mention it for sure in the description, so unlikely.

I think a 40 is probably worth what a similarly equipped 60 is, minus ~4-6k (so maybe $40k). There's a lot of people who just want a Tesla, and don't care which one, propping up the low end prices. I can think of about 400k people who would want one in the high 30s. The $11k upgrade fee is a fantasy at this point given the modest range increase.

I finally decided on keeping mine for the long term. With so many Model S on the road, parts will be easier to get second hand once out of warranty.

Alright, folks, what say you about this:

2012 Model S (production date 12/15/12)
85 kWh battery
Textile seats
White
Pano roof
Smart Air
No tech package
51k miles
Tesla CPO
VIN # P02413

Asking $41,800.

My concerns are that it seems to be an early VIN and the mileage. Also not having tech package means to turn-by-turn and no power lift gate, but I don't really see those as a big deal. Good buy? Am I missing anything important to consider?

[

85 kWh battery
Textile seats
White
Pano roof
Smart Air
No tech package
51k miles
Tesla CPO
VIN # P02413

Asking $41,800.

My concerns are that it seems to be an early VIN and the mileage. Also not having tech package means to turn-by-turn and no power lift gate, but I don't really see those as a big deal. Good buy? Am I missing anything important to consider?
Who is selling this one?

As a previous owner looking to get another Model S I have been looking around. As usual prices are all over and some dealers don't know what they have, good or bad. So I figured I would make a options list and basic car info in a semi-concise format so others could do the same if they wanted. This way the community can chime in on what they would feel comfortable paying or what they feel it's realistically worth.

Year: 2013
Miles: 20,500
Model: Model S
Battery Size: 40kWh
Color: Black
Interior: Black Leather
Trim: Unknown but Wood

AutoPilot: NO
AutoPilot Enabled: NO
PanoRoof: Yes
Parking Sensors: NO
Rear Facing Seats: NO
Supercharging: NO
Tech Package: NO
Twinchargers: NO
Wheels: 19in Sliver
Have you figured out how much you want.

85 kWh battery
Textile seats
White
Pano roof
Smart Air
No tech package
51k miles
Tesla CPO
VIN # P02413

Asking $41,800.

That doesn't seem like a bad price. I think nav could be added as a retro fix or just use separate GPS. Don't CPO come with a warranty?

Have you figured out how much you want.

I was looking to buy. Just got a S85 the other day.

whats a 2013 s 60 w/teck. pkg./45k/leather/air suspension/60kwh batt./supercharge hardware/mint cond. worth? thanks

I would say around 46-49k. It's nice you can still opt-in for the extended warranty. I think the 2013's are a little harder to price since many changes were happening, like parking sensors and folding mirrors on mid and late models that casual buyers may not realize but informed buyers know the difference and price accordingly.