Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WORKING SUPERCHARGERS IN FLORIDA? PLEASE POST HERE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the Tesla online navigation system in the cars, here is the current status:

Tallahassee...................... Operational
Port Orange .....................Operational
Port St. Lucie ...................Operational
Ocala................................Operational
Brandon ...........................Operational
Pinellas Park ....................Operational
Sarasota ...........................Operational
Plantation .........................Operational
West Palm Beach .............Operational
Naples ...............................Operational
Live Oak ...........................Operational

Lake City ...........................Reduced Service
St. Augustine ....................Temporary Closure
Turkey Lake.......................Temporary Closure
Fort Drumm........................Temporary Closure
Florida City ........................Temporary Closure
Ft Myers ............................Temporary Closure
Marathon ...........................Temporary Closure

DeFuniak Springs ..............Not reporting status

The car's navigation system is the most convenient means of determining whether the Supercharger Station is available. Just zoom to the location of interest and select the icon for detailed status information. In most cases it will explicitly state "Temporary Closure" if it is not operational.

In some cases when you select the Supercharge icon on your navigation display it will not provide meaningful information. In such cases, call Tesla's Roadside Assistance at 877-79-TESLA.

By the way, if you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry
I am planning a trip to Miami and called the Tesla number. The nice lady said Ft. Myers isn't working; Naples is 100%; Plantation 50%. I live in Sarasota and out of curiousity, I asked about Sarasota and was told that was 100%.

I am planning a trip to Miami and called the Tesla number. The nice lady said Ft. Myers isn't working; Naples is 100%; Plantation 50%. I live in Sarasota and out of curiousity, I asked about Sarasota and was told that was 100%.
Hi Lori,

Yes, that is consistent with the Tesla navigation system.

By the way, welcome to the club.

Larry

Based on the Tesla online navigation system in the cars, here is the current status:

Lake City ...........................Operational
St. Augustine ....................Operational
Turkey Lake.......................Operational
Fort Drumm........................Operational
Florida City ........................Operational

Marathon ...........................Temporary Closure

DeFuniak Springs ..............Not reporting status (This likely to be operational)

DeFuniak Springs ..............Not reporting status (This likely to be operational)
Marathon ...........................Not reporting status (This likely to have power. However, authorities have barricaded road and the station has been inaccessible so it is not possible to definitively assess damage yet.)

I spoke with Tesla Roadside Assistance concerning Marathon and DeFuniak Springs. They inform me that both have power, but lack communications.

Larry

Last edited:

Tallahassee...................... Not reporting status (This likely to be operational)
Ft Myers ............................Operational

Marathon ...........................Reduce service

Larry

Tallahassee...................... Not reporting status (This likely to be operational)
Ft Myers ............................Operational

Marathon ...........................Reduce service

Larry
Thanks for all the updates man. I'm headed to Florida in a couple days. Is the road to Marathon even open yet? Or maybe it's only open to residents? I had originally planned to drive all the way out to the end of Key West because it's something I've always wanted to do since I was a kid, but I'm not sure that's gonna happen now lol.

Thanks for all the updates man. I'm headed to Florida in a couple days. Is the road to Marathon even open yet? Or maybe it's only open to residents? I had originally planned to drive all the way out to the end of Key West because it's something I've always wanted to do since I was a kid, but I'm not sure that's gonna happen now lol.
The Monroe County Emergency Management officials are doing a poor job of updating their website with current information. On the Sept 13th they posted that US 1 was closed at mile marker 73. That note has been removed from their website and we have status dating back to Sept 12th.

MONROE COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT UPDATE TUESDAY EVENING

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
For the Florida Keys here is a website with some current information.

Keys Recovery

Beginning Sunday (9/17/17) at 7 a.m., Monroe County will remove the roadblock from the north end of the Seven Mile Bridge and all residents and business owners of the Lower Keys will be allowed to return.

The checkpoint entering the Keys, in Florida City on U.S. Highway 1, will remain. Only residents, business owners, disaster workers and supply vehicles may enter. Residents and business owners must show either proof of residency or proof of business ownership.

While there will be no checkpoints along U.S. 1 in the Keys, there will be checkpoints at 21 neighborhoods in the hardest-hit areas in the corridor between Marathon and Key West. Only residents or business owners, or people contracted to do work for those property owners, will be allowed to enter those locations. This is due to unsafe conditions in the specific neighborhoods.

Larry

Hey guys. In the last couple days I've charged at every supercharger on the west coast of Florida as well as Florida City and Marathon. They are all working fine (some were slow ish during the day but my car has some issues and supercharging in hot day time weather has been somewhat slow for me everywhere).

I honestly wouldn't recommend going out onto the keys unless you have good reason (do as I say, not as I do :). They are completely devastated and it just gets worse the further out you go.

Even Naples was pretty hard hit for a decent sized city. Most businesses are closed and there are still wires down at eye level and debris everywhere. The roads have been cleared but that often means that the sidewalks are filled with debris leaving you to walk in the bike path or something similar. I tried to walk a half mile from the Naples supercharger to a Starbucks only to find out that every Starbucks in the county is closed due to the water issues (same with the keys).

That being said, if Naples is bad, Key Largo is 10x as bad and the middle keys are 100x as bad. I wasn't able to go out to Key West as the sun was setting and there was a dusk curfew in the lower keys, but the FEMA guys I talked to while I charged in Marathon told me it was even worse down that way. In the middle keys I saw large boats turned upside down (not sure if they were parked in a driveway or out at sea when the storm hit) and entire houses on the wrong side of the highway. Also a non-trivial concern if you did go out to the keys would be getting a flat tire. There is debris everywhere that could puncture a tire and I'm not sure the emergency guys would be real thrilled with having to tow your car back to the mainland.

Lastly as of today the entire highway is open out to Key West but there is a "strictly enforced" curfew from 10pm-dawn in the upper keys and dusk till dawn in the lower keys. The dividing line is just past Marathon, so the supercharger is in the 10pm curfew area. Honestly I don't even think the highway should be open to non-residents past Key Largo but I'm guessing there is a lot of pressure from local businesses. There were some desperate businesses with spray paint on plywood signs that said stuff like "WE ARE OPEN. FOOD 7AM-6PM CASH ONLY."

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
Not exactly breaking news here, but just wanted to report that I charged at every supercharger in the state over the last 3 days and they all work. The only issue is the curfew in Marathon which was 10pm-dawn as of Wednesday. Not sure if that is still in effect.

Wow, I am impressed that the Marathon supercharger is working 2 weeks after this disaster in the Keys.
Like the one in Columbus, Texas, the transformer and cabinets are up on a platform which helps keeps it (at least partially) above a storm surge. Also being on the airport property likely means it gets power back sooner than other spots.

I talked to a tech who works on the superchargers once and he told me it's not a huge deal if the charging pedestals get flooded, but the cabinets really need to stay up and out of the water.

Not exactly breaking news here, but just wanted to report that I charged at every supercharger in the state over the last 3 days and they all work. The only issue is the curfew in Marathon which was 10pm-dawn as of Wednesday. Not sure if that is still in effect.
Curfew status as of yesterday afternoon:

CURFEW

The current curfews for Monroe County will remain in place through the weekend. The curfew is 10 p.m. to sunrise in the Upper Keys and Middle Keys to the Seven Mile Bridge. The curfew is dusk to dawn in the Lower Keys where the damage is most severe and conditions are still unsafe.

In Key West, the curfew is midnight to sunrise.

Larry

I went to the supercharger in the Mary Brickell Village garage in downtown Miami and 3 of the 4 stall were being used by the valet parking. I was lucky and was able to get the only one that was not occupied by an ICE vehicle
IMG_9699.jpeg
IMG_9697.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan