Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worried about that off centre speedo display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't speak for everyone, but in every car I've ever driven, including speedos mounted in the center, if I'm checking my speed, my eyes dart to the reading and then back to the road. It's a fraction of a second, and I don't check speed very frequently. Every vid I've seen of the placement of the speed on the Model 3 seems to indicate I can do just as quick of a glance (with no head turn required) and have my eyes back on the road.

Can't speak for everyone, but in every car I've ever driven, including speedos mounted in the center, if I'm checking my speed, my eyes dart to the reading and then back to the road. It's a fraction of a second, and I don't check speed very frequently. Every vid I've seen of the placement of the speed on the Model 3 seems to indicate I can do just as quick of a glance (with no head turn required) and have my eyes back on the road.

You barely even need to move your eyes, as it turns out. You can pretty much read the speed in your peripheral vision.

Checking speed is absolutely no harder than on a traditional speedo, and I might find a touch easier in fact.