Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worst winter efficiency challenge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a bit of fun thought we could see who could do the worst during these cold months.

I will go first - details taken from TeslaFi, most drives were short doing the school run after preconditioning the car not plugged in.

Start SOC (Monday) - 90%
Number of Drives - 22
End SOC (Friday) - 15%
Miles Driven - 54.04

TeslaFi says my efficency was 49% at 448 Wh/mile but I assume that is only for the actual driving parts as it would be much worse. I calculate it was actually closer to 615 Wh/mile.

Different reporting metric but my efficiency at around zero degrees is just below 40%

upload_2020-12-7_15-40-19.png

This is perhaps a better indication when broken down by month with average temperature:

2020-12-07 15_48_09-Window.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-7_15-41-45.png
    upload_2020-12-7_15-41-45.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: SFBanks
Ouch. I have about a 180 mile round trip this week and was hoping to comfortably do that without a charge. Do you think I'd better prepare for no cabin heating?
This is about short journeys where the majority of the power goes to heating, rather than driving. 180miles in a P should be pretty straightforward. Leave the charger connected and preheat it well for about 25mins before you leave then you'll get more or less the same range as in summer.

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon