Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would anyone want a beep when the car distance sensors get into red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really love the car distance sensors. where I shows how close you are when backing in, or going out. when it turns red at 25cm (12 inches), I would really like to have a beep , as a couple of times I have almost sideswiped another car looking behind but not sideways. the only thing is that it might be too noisy. what are peoples thoughts on this. have you scraped your car or a mall pillar and could have used it?

I really love the car distance sensors. where I shows how close you are when backing in, or going out. when it turns red at 25cm (12 inches), I would really like to have a beep , as a couple of times I have almost sideswiped another car looking behind but not sideways. the only thing is that it might be too noisy. what are peoples thoughts on this. have you scraped your car or a mall pillar and could have used it?
There is a beep, you just need to turn it on. When the sensor activates you will see a little speaker on the screen to the left of the car image. Just tap on it and it will un-mute the beep. Hope that helps!

It almost beeps too much... when backing out of the garage I'm bombarded with noise. I wish there was a way to adjust the "beep threshold" so that I always see the display, but you can pick a distance where it will beep

Right?!

Same in my garage. It beeps so much I find myself arguing with the car.

Me: I’m not that close.
Car: beep, beep
Me: Seriously, there’s a good 8 inches on all sides.
Car: beep, BEEP, Beeeep!
Me: Just a little further in.
Car: BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP!!!!!
Me: Fine! Okay, settle down.