Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would be great if we get a Roadster update tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. I don’t know what your post means.

Elon said that the Model S and Model X are continuing in production for sentimental reasons and that they’re really of minor importance to the future. If that is the case then the Roadster is of almost no importance to the future of self-driving Model 3 and Model Y cars as envisioned by Elon. The only progress being made is to collect deposits and trot it out periodically to generate media exposure - actually producing it at this point would be counter productive to “ The Mission .” I don’t expect to able to buy one in the foreseeable future.

Elon said that the Model S and Model X are continuing in production for sentimental reasons and that they’re really of minor importance to the future. If that is the case then the Roadster is of almost no importance to the future of self-driving Model 3 and Model Y cars as envisioned by Elon. The only progress being made is to collect deposits and trot it out periodically to generate media exposure - actually producing it at this point would be counter productive to “ The Mission .” I don’t expect to able to buy one in the foreseeable future.
How would producing the Roadster be counter productive?
It’s going to be their least produced vehicle but it’s definitely going to be their highest profit margin vehicle.

Elon says a lot, most of it is BS. Saying the only reason the s/x production continues is for sentimental reasons falls in the BS category. Take away the profits made off those cars and tesla is in a worse financial position.

Screenshot_20191220-074737_Chrome.jpg

I’m 100% sure the Roadster will be released one day, there’s no way tesla spent all that money developing it only to not release it.
The only question is when, I hope it’s sometime in 2020 but I won’t be surprised if it’s later than that.

Elon drove the Cybertruck to Nobu restaurant, not the Roadster for multiple reasons. Way more press coverage and potential market for the Cyber truck compared to the Roadster. Roadster is also waiting for more unrevealed tech in batteries etc to meet the claims made. Cybertruck can be made with existing tech.

Can you post any evidence of this?
A 200 kwh battery in a small vehicle? Try putting 2 existing 100 kwh batteries in a vehicle the size of S or X or 3 let alone a low slung, low roof sports car. I could see it in the Cybertruck with existing batteries. And "SpaceX" option/package that would include a system of 10 "thrusters". Both technologies seem to be made of unobtainium right now and not in any current automotive application. Magic wipers too? Can't wait for the tech to trickle down to my budget.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

A 200 kwh battery in a small vehicle? Try putting 2 existing 100 kwh batteries in a vehicle the size of S or X or 3 let alone a low slung, low roof sports car. I could see it in the Cybertruck with existing batteries. And "SpaceX" option/package that would include a system of 10 "thrusters". Both technologies seem to be made of unobtainium right now and not in any current automotive application. Magic wipers too? Can't wait for the tech to trickle down to my budget.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Oh so you were just speculating
Because there was a thread about this where some people who saw the vehicle in person noted the thick floor which could mean tesla simply stacked two 100kwh packs.