Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would range boost on model s come to model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone speculates what they did to s to boost the range. Ms has close to 400 miles now.

Wondering if it’s the same software change that gave us range boost. If it’s something different , maybe we can expect another range boost in the future?

The Model S long range did AWFUL on the first iteration of the cold FTP. I wonder whether they tweaked it and reran it and now can use a larger multiplier. Though it was the battery capacity not the efficiency that suffered, so not sure that would actually affect the scalar the way the formulas are set up.

In their latest submissions I finally noticed that they include their worksheets for how they obtain the scalar and the formulas are public domain so it should be possible to calculate the scalar myself now if I ever get around to it.

If I did, I could more intelligently speak to whether the cold FTP result likely had anything to do with this adjustment.