Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you every buy a car that you could not drive yourself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See? That's why we can't have nice things! :D

There are more things in heaven and earth to run your car into, than are dreamt of in your automatic braking.
You just missed my entire point. The car would have fully autonomous capability not just auto braking. If the fully autonomous car can avoid it, then the computer can avoid it when the person is driving. The person is driving but if there is a problem like the driver not paying attention the car would instantly switch back to autonomous mode and fix the problem and give it back to the driver when the problem goes away.

As a society we have two choices. To give up our driver's licenses or our cellphones. They are incompatible. Accidents are going up, and it is only a matter of time before we exceed our safety equipment possibilities and fatalities start to rise again.
We would rather have our phones than cars. Look around when you drive. It's approaching 50% now. Google knows this, Apple knows this, Elon knows this, and GM knows this. What do you think Autonomy, AutoPilot, and SuperCruise are for? You don't need them to 'drive', you need them NOT to 'drive'.
So true, I see people on their phones while driving all the time. This is so stupid I can't comprehend it! Everybody knows it is dangerous and yet they can't just not use their phone while driving. I have no problem putting my phone down and paying attention to the road, so I have no mercy for those who somehow can't.

Why should the rest of us suffer legislation to ban driving? Using a phone while driving should be banned, and then actually enforced!