Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you rather...2017 Inventory MS 75D or Used Panamera 4S

2017 MS 75D or 2015 Porsche Panamera 4S

• 2017 MS 75D

Votes: 110 94.8%
  • 2015 Porsche Panamera 4S Certified Used

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting increasingly impatient for my 2017 inventory MS 75D to arrive. This combined with being told NO many times that I won't be able to switch to another inventory as I'm "locked in" when in fact others have done it here. So tonight, I went back to looking at the Panamera 4S. Both will come within $5000 of each other with Tesla being the more expensive one.

Over on our left corner, the favorite of the fight...2017 MS 75D

VS

Over on the other corner, the underdog....2015 Certified Porsche Panamera 4S with 34XXX miles one owner.

Both cars have AWD and have fast acceleration. Assuming the 75D doesn't get the latest performance boost. The Panny will beat it 4.6s VS 5.2s.

Both cars look fantastic on the outside with a slight preference towards the Tesla overall. I somewhat dislike the Panny's tail as it reminds me of a hearse, since the Panny is also black.

Both cars have very different interior approach for obvious reasons. Tesla's interior is very clean and sleek with the monitor being the crown jewel. The Panny's interior is very busy with lots of buttons but the leather...the leather seats were so soft and luxurious and what leather seats are supposed to be like. Tesla's leather seats (non vegan ones) feel like the same kind of leather you would get at Wilson Leather retail/Ikea which won't give you that luxurious feeling. Even my 10 years old Lexus leather steering wheel feels better than the Tesla's leather steering wheel.

Both are not very common with Tesla being more of a rarity.

So...Which would you pick? Assuming you have to live with the car for the next 8 years minimum (I hold my car for a long time).

• Funny
Reactions: HumanGenome
It's an interesting one. I'm a fan of tesla but I also like the Panamera. That would probably be the only non tesla luxury family car that I would ever consider

I could imagine myself getting hooked on the Porsche. The interior looks really good and from what I heard it has amazing handling for a car that size.

Handling wise I have a tough time believing that the model s comes close but I hope I'm wrong.

How much is the used panamera?

I made a similar decision with my first Tesla.
I jumped to Tesla, a friend went for Panamera.

I love my Tesla. He loves my Tesla
He likes his Panamera but is thinking of Tesla next time.
I drive his Porsche from time to time and it's like driving a relic.

(haven't let him drive the P100D yet, but for the hard ass that he is, it is so funny that he cant help react if I boot it with him as a passenger!)
Surprisingly even the V8 which does sound great in Pannys, initially gets a smile from me but increasingly just gets wearing to listen to.

Drive both and make your own decision, but the Tesla continues to delight and I literally enjoy it every day, whereas the Porsche is just another porsche.

It's an interesting one. I'm a fan of tesla but I also like the Panamera. That would probably be the only non tesla luxury family car that I would ever consider

I could imagine myself getting hooked on the Porsche. The interior looks really good and from what I heard it has amazing handling for a car that size.

Handling wise I have a tough time believing that the model s comes close but I hope I'm wrong.

How much is the used panamera?
For a certified used it's under 90,000 for 2016. Under 80 for 2015.

I made a similar decision with my first Tesla.
I jumped to Tesla, a friend went for Panamera.

I love my Tesla. He loves my Tesla
He likes his Panamera but is thinking of Tesla next time.
I drive his Porsche from time to time and it's like driving a relic.

(haven't let him drive the P100D yet, but for the hard ass that he is, it is so funny that he cant help react if I boot it with him as a passenger!)
Surprisingly even the V8 which does sound great in Pannys, initially gets a smile from me but increasingly just gets wearing to listen to.

Drive both and make your own decision, but the Tesla continues to delight and I literally enjoy it every day, whereas the Porsche is just another porsche.
That sound, that interior...kind of hard to forget in a Porsche. But if it's the P100D vs the Panny, there is no comparison lol.

How is this even a choice? One is an EV and the other is an ICE.
It absolutely is a valid choice from the perspective of a buyer. For the similar amount of money, buy one or the other. While they are very different fundamentally to say the least but the function is the same - takes you from point a to point b with a little more luxury, plenty more power than most other cars on the roads.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
It absolutely is a valid choice from the perspective of a buyer. For the similar amount of money, buy one or the other. While they are very different fundamentally to say the least but the function is the same - takes you from point a to point b with a little more luxury, plenty more power than most other cars on the roads.

If you put it that way - takes you from A to B - then may I suggest that you add Corollo or a Camry to that mix of valid choices?

• Funny
Reactions: davidc18
We still have a 2006 Boxster in the garage. Yesterday I took it in to the Porsche dealer for service. The last time it was in for service was about two years ago since we do not drive it much. They gave me a Macan for a loaner for the day. I was unimpressed and I am a life long Porsche driver. It sure had a lot of buttons and the automatic transmission was shifting all the time. It seemed like it took a while for the engine to kick in. The person before me got a Panamera loaner. At the time I was thinking at least I didn't get that whale. The dealer had a number of Boxsters and 911s that still tempt me on the lot. The Panamera does nothing for me and you would have to put up with a gas car--wait for the Tesla!!!

Reactions: GSP
The Tesla is cheaper. The purchase price may be a few K higher, but it has better resale value, dramatically lower fuel costs, and should have lower maintenance costs (though, we'll see).

I wish you'd custom-ordered so that you got the faster 0-60, the air suspension, and the interior upgrades. Then, it wouldn't even be a question. As is, it's a close call and either choice is a good one, but I'd go for the Tesla.

Reactions: Nick B