Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOW...Superbowl commercials taking aim at Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe competition is good for everyone. It makes companies build a better product which is good for us the consumer.

What is currently Teslas competition for the Model 3?

Question 2. Why is the model 3 so great in being the top seller of all cars in its class? Who is the competitor that is driving this greatness?

I tell my kids all of the time. Its absolutely stupid of you to have someone better than you be the driver to get you up and do something. Have it within yourself and do it.
Have some soul about your desires.
Elon Musk explains why auto industry hasn't caught up with Tesla, says competition has 'no soul' - Electrek

Elon is doing this because he wants to....not because he is trying to out-do someone. He's not trying to beat anyone to Mars....he just wants to do it and get it done from within himself.

Last edited:
We couldn't stop laughing at the EV commercials. Model 3 is out selling Honda in California. And the manufacturer's have a dream.
Good luck, Google charging new Porche, needs 800 volts to charge in time stated. Just run down the street and find a 800 volt charging station. Haha.
Ford is paying Rivian for its platform.
As Tesla pushes out thousands of cars a week.
Giggles

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
What is currently Teslas competition for the Model 3?

Question 2. Why is the model 3 so great in being the top seller of all cars in its class? Who is the competitor that is driving this greatness?

Sorry but is this a joke? I assume when you talk about what class the Model 3 is in your are talking about mid-size EV cars only.

Where the competition would benefit the consumer is with more options, better quality cars, better batteries, better charging networks, etc.

Tesla is leading the EV pack but we need more EV companies and cars. With this you will see improvements all across the board.

Sorry but is this a joke? I assume when you talk about what class the Model 3 is in your are talking about mid-size EV cars only.

Where the competition would benefit the consumer is with more options, better quality cars, better batteries, better charging networks, etc.

Tesla is leading the EV pack but we need more EV companies and cars. With this you will see improvements all across the board.

The comment was that competition would drive Tesla.

The question I posed is ..What competitor has driven Tesla to outsell every vehicle in the model 3 class with the Model 3?

One Electric Vehicle Is Outselling All The Others Combined

Smart park? How the heck do people get into their cars next door without trading paint?

I've never understood this... sure you can squeeze your midsize car into a compact spot, but you have also increased the risk someone hits you with their door.

I would never intentionally “park” my car in that tight situation, but if you had people park next to you close after you had already parked could see it useful for extracting your car instead of waiting for the jerks to come out and move their car. Still haven’t activated Summons.

I love these commercials.

1. I love that Tesla didn't need to take out a commercial. They are the target. Everyone else is playing catch-up.

2. Maisie Williams probably cost an arm and a leg to get her in the seat of the Audi. I'm glad Elon knows better than to waste good money on ads and high-profile actors. Tesla already has the best advertisements; its cars and their owners.

3. Competition always drives innovation and progress. This is just how humans operate at a fundamental level. This doesn't mean Tesla wasn't great at being among the first to really mass market a viable EV that people actually admire. Competition will only improve Tesla (namely with customer support, parts availability, loaner car consistency, fit and finish, paint quality, etc.). When premium brands get these things right, Tesla will do better. It's competition which spurred Americans to make the very first moon landing on July 20th, 1969, which was also a win for the human enterprise.

4. There will be no competition for Tesla Supercharging stations other than Tesla owners, and it's ideal to charge at home anyway. It's nice to use non-Tesla chargers if needed, but Tesla owners have far more choice here than any other EV brand.

5. It was hilarious how Audi made ICE vehicles look positively Victorian, antiquated, outdated, dirty, etc. As others have pointed out in this thread, they're in a way cannibalizing their own ICE vehicles. Meanwhile, Tesla only makes EVs. That's already an advertisement for Tesla to the astute observer.

6. I'm glad to see EVs surging in popularity so much so that they compete with Superbowl ads. This bodes well for EVs, charging infrastructure, and the EV leader; Tesla.

Times, they are a-changin'.

Smart park? How the heck do people get into their cars next door without trading paint?

I've never understood this... sure you can squeeze your midsize car into a compact spot, but you have also increased the risk someone hits you with their door.

True, but when you come out of the store to find others have parked too close, it's great to just summon yours and hop in.

• Love
The comment was that competition would drive Tesla.

The question I posed is ..What competitor has driven Tesla to outsell every vehicle in the model 3 class with the Model 3?

One Electric Vehicle Is Outselling All The Others Combined

I could care less about the Model 3 being the top seller in the small Model 3 EV class today.

As this link says 107K EV cars where sold in 2018. There was approx. 4.7 Million cars sold in the US in 2019. With more companies coming into the EV market the EV numbers will rise. This will bring additional improvements to EVs. This is where competition would benefit the entire EV market.

Clearly you have to want this as well?

We should be happy for more EV adoption. Also, more competition for Tesla is good. It'll drive even further innovation, and if we're lucky, better customer support.
I agree that competition might keep Tesla focused on the customer experience. Having just learned that they can't keep up with demand, I fear quality might slip and updates and innovation will lag. I still don't know how others will compete with Tesla's Supercharging network which is what makes an EV viable for much of the market, though it doesn't address the apartment dweller void.

2. Non-Tesla charging networks are more expensive and a lot slower! ChargePoint is great and all, but let's be honest, it takes 10-12 hours to see any meaningful charges. That will change, but most vehicles have inverters and don't open up the direct-to-battery DC flow like Tesla does with the SuperCharger. Imagine how problematic it would be if these cars opened that up to ChargePoint!
I wonder if some oil company will offer to buy Tesla's Supercharger network.