Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow! Temperature Really Does Matter!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A more effective way to "preheat" the battery pack in cold weather is to charge the battery. If you normally use "Standard" charging mode, switch to "Max Range" first thing in the morning (at a decreased amperage is fine as well) for about 10-20 minutes and that should do the trick.

When it was cold, I did almost exactly that. Since some range was being lost to the "vampire" over night, I'd use the smartphone to start a Range Charge, then immediately flip it back to "Standard" and it would keep on charging until I was ready to go. I have had mixed results with firmware 4.5 doing this. If the car is plugged in, but has finished charging, I cannot always get it to start again with the app since 4.5.

No modifications necessary - I was using that technique extensively last winter.

I guess I should wish for hibernation mode instead in 4.5?

- - - Updated - - -

I have had mixed results with firmware 4.5 doing this. If the car is plugged in, but has finished charging, I cannot always get it to start again with the app since 4.5.

Wow, I am on 4.3. I did not know that 4.5 was out. What features does 4.5 have?