TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wow There are 7 P85D's for sale on Ebay

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Xenoilphobe, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

This has to be a record! Seven P85D's on Ebay in one week! I hope to get one this coming year for $80K!

2. DougH

DougH Active Member

Most of those cars have been listed for a while, just like the ones listed on Tesla's site. People are not paying the high price that people are asking. I got tired of waiting and bought a P85+ with AP. I will sell it when P85D prices come down to your price range.

3. spentan

spentan Active Member

Lol that's because the prices on eBay are way too high. I bought a cpo p85d for 97,600 today

4. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

True - extremely overpriced. Congrats on your "new to you" P85D.. Good price too.

5. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Another one??!!!!

Seriously, you're making Elon Musk jealous!

6. hasselboxster

hasselboxster Member

for giggles, i called a lender - they'll let you borrow upto 110% value on a vehicle. i gave them a specific vin for a loaded 2014 p85d i was looking at. they said NADA price is $71,750. feels like if any p85d owner totals their vehicle its going to be a huge battle to be able to replace it, no? i.e. insurance not going to pay what it costs to get another one.

7. andrewket

andrewket 2016 Founders XP90D AP1, 2016 SP100D AP2

Depends on your insurance. You don't have to buy a policy that pays market value. You can get replacement value, or even set value.

8. WMAC

WMAC Member

Isn't what gap insurance is for?

9. luvnMyTS

luvnMyTS Member

Clearly NADA has no clue, it's likely giving an average price of all Model S rather than just the P85D. Surely nobody is selling a year old P85D for $71,750. Cars do depreciate most in the first year, but certainly not $50,000 in one year.

10. bart513

bart513 Member

I pay Liberty Mutual an extra $300/year (I think) to get full replacement value.