Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapping necessary?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking delivery of a new MS in December, hopefully.

while i'm waiting i'm reading up on all these threads and many people are getting their cars wrapped before they drive it.

any reason i absolutely need to get the car wrapped? I do not plan on selling or trading in the car and will keep it the life of the car.

Is it for aesthetics? resell value? protection?

I've never heard of any other cars getting wrapped so im a little confused on this.

Necessary? No.

Wrapping helps protect the original paint coat. So if you're worried about rock chips/paint chips, very slight door dings, etc. the protective coat will help protect the paint. But it comes at a high price (a full car wrap costs thousands of dollars).

People also wrap to change the color of the car. They take a black car, and wrap it in a non-glossy finish (satin?) and change it to purple, or whatever other color Tesla doesn't provide.

It's your money, do with it what you want.

Reactions: democappy
I spent about $2500 partially wrapping my car in protective film. My garage hit my hood and likely only damaged the film so it probably has already saved my paint job. But on the other hand I think you can have the car fully repainted for about $4k so it seems it would be better to just wait until it needs new paint and then paint it.