Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Broken KEY FOB.....my son is driving me crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I just got my very first EV, a model s, Thursday. My son won't stop asking for the key, he's 4, so not to drive, but to play with. But I know he will lose it, drop it, etc. Wife suggested buying a used one, but those are still $50 bucks on eBay.

So....anyone have one that doesn't work, that they are willing to sell to me?

The things we do for our kids.... :)

Thanks,
- Zishan

• Funny
Reactions: kavyboy
Would he be ok with a Hot Wheels Tesla car instead? Would be cheaper :)

Don't think he's interested in the toy, he just wants to be like daddy.... :)

Congrats on the new car.
Maybe drop by a service center or shop and see if they have any broken ones.

This is actually a great idea. I have service scheduled for noise A/C....so will kindly ask them.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hello all,

I just got my very first EV, a model s, Thursday. My son won't stop asking for the key, he's 4, so not to drive, but to play with. But I know he will lose it, drop it, etc. Wife suggested buying a used one, but those are still $50 bucks on eBay.

So....anyone have one that doesn't work, that they are willing to sell to me?

The things we do for our kids.... :)

Thanks,
- Zishan
Any luck yet? if not dm me, I have some

Reactions: Zishan
Thank you everyone, for the posts and private messages. Finally got around to my service appointment and forgot to ask during drop-off. Once my car was completed and I was picking it up, I asked them if they happened to have a broken key, something that they had no use for.....for my son. Luckily they were able to quickly dig up one!

My son was ecstatic when I came home with the key, and has NOT let it out of his sight for that past 2 days. Even takes it to bed with him. Hmmm....need to make sure he's not taking it to the restroom! :D

Thanks again!

• Love
Reactions: EVJunkie