Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB Non Functional Inverter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jrz0

Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Hi TMC,

Strange request, and probably a long shot, but figured it's worth asking.

I would like to do a destructive teardown of the Tesla inverter and document the internals (for academic research, not commercial purposes). I am looking for any Tesla Model S rear drive unit inverters that are damaged or non functional. I do not need the motor, gearbox or subframe, but would be open to purchasing them as well since they are typically sold as a unit.

I realize given the location of the inverter and motor they are less likely to be damaged in a collision, however I imagine there might be a select few salvage vehicles out there with damaged drive units. If anyone has any leads on parts like this, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks!