Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: Nose Cone - Did I miss the Classifieds sub-forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 P90D. My black nose cone is looking pretty poor. Lot of deep dings from road crime (gravel?) and finally someone got me with a truck hitch (I assume) in a parking lot hit and run. I pulled it off, masked the chrome and repainted it. It looks "better" from 10' away, but certainly not Tesla worthy.

With all these facelift upgrades, surely there are some old nose cones available for "cheap"?

Thanks.

Thanks for the link... I found the issue. Confusing layout of forums:

TMC1.jpg

The little "home" icon indicates to me that I'm at the home screen. Plus it shows "Tesla Forum". This really looks like the home page and is where my Favorite link was saved some years ago. Clicking the "home" icon shows the REAL home which shows the Marketplace.

I checked eBay first. My search criteria resulted in no hits except those undesirable red logo stickers and Sportlines "grilled" nose cone, which is slightly intriguing, but not for $450.

I'll see what this posting results in. I will ask/hope that a mod moves it to the correct sub-forum (thanks!).

I never would have considered "grille". Go figure. There's a ton of hits with that, but they are more damaged than mine and rarely have sensors. I'd like to have a carbon fiber one, so maybe that's what I'll do.

For now, my OEM looks better and better when those beat to hell ones are $300-400+.

Thanks.

The nose cone just gets ripped on to be honest. Mine is mediocre and I had it XPEL'd. A wrap will help hide it for now. Good choice :)

I still have my old nose cone if you're interested in buying it. It's been sitting in my garage. I would need to remove the clear wrap that's on it and clean it. It's in great shape but it's missing the Tesla T that was transferred to the new front bumper.

nose.jpg

I still have my old nose cone if you're interested in buying it. It's been sitting in my garage. I would need to remove the clear wrap that's on it and clean it. It's in great shape but it's missing the Tesla T that was transferred to the new front bumper.
Thanks for the offer, but it appears to have about as many dings as mine. Plus, as stated above, no parking sensors.

His looks in great shape actually, I barely see any dings, just dirt and things that can be buffed out
I have about 12 white specs... dings. I'm pretty particular. I was willing to ignore the white specs, but then (I assume) a truck tow ball scratched the center. About a 2" scuff. Not deep and no cracking. I tried to buff it out, but it was still imperfect. I removed the nose cone, thoroughly cleaned the whole thing, masked the chrome and rattle canned it. Several thin coats of gloss black. It looks acceptable from a glance. If you bend over and really look it over, it looks terrible.

Maybe I'm too particular. New/OEM is what I want and that may not happen for "cheap". $450 is the number for the time being.

I have about 12 white specs... dings. I'm pretty particular. I was willing to ignore the white specs, but then (I assume) a truck tow ball scratched the center. About a 2" scuff. Not deep and no cracking. I tried to buff it out, but it was still imperfect. I removed the nose cone, thoroughly cleaned the whole thing, masked the chrome and rattle canned it. Several thin coats of gloss black. It looks acceptable from a glance. If you bend over and really look it over, it looks terrible.

Maybe I'm too particular. New/OEM is what I want and that may not happen for "cheap". $450 is the number for the time being.

Mine is listed here: Tesla Model S Front Bumper Nose Cone

It's in very good condition as it was protected by a clear wrap (which I removed).

Okay, I still haven't done much with this (mainly because I'm busy with other things), but I was thinking I could wrap my nose cone in carbon fiber vinyl. I think that would look good if done properly and with the right material. I assume there must be a way to apply wrap to a convex surface and not have folds or creases. Maybe a heat gun to pull it tight? Anyone try this?