Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rypalmer

Aug 22, 2014
Canada
WTB: High powered wall connector, first gen is totally fine. Looking for one for very occasional use and don't need the latest and greatest.

Perhaps you have the desire to upgrade yours to the newest wall connector model - I can offer a fair price for your used unit. Located in Toronto but I can meet at a Supercharger at either side of the border, or pick up on the US side of the border.. I'm totally flexible.

Make me an offer! Thanks in advance!

rypalmer... I saw your delivery photos and you have the current generation Model S. There is no point in you buying a used HPWC. The prior generation charger was $1,150.00 (not sure if that was plus taxes); the new generation one is $750.00 including tax. And the new generation HPWC is specifically made to charge with 48amp or 72 amp new onboard chargers. The first generation one can charge those amps as well.

The new charger qualifies for the 50% rebate from the government. So you end up paying $375 for the new one. How much will a previous generation costs you? I am not sure, but I do not think buying a used one will qualify you for the rebate as it may be presumed the original purchaser received it already. Just my view, buying a new one will not cost you more, may in fact be less.

Have a pleasant evening.

rypalmer... I saw your delivery photos and you have the current generation Model S. There is no point in you buying a used HPWC. The prior generation charger was $1,150.00 (not sure if that was plus taxes); the new generation one is $750.00 including tax. And the new generation HPWC is specifically made to charge with 48amp or 72 amp new onboard chargers. The first generation one can charge those amps as well.

The new charger qualifies for the 50% rebate from the government. So you end up paying $375 for the new one. How much will a previous generation costs you? I am not sure, but I do not think buying a used one will qualify you for the rebate as it may be presumed the original purchaser received it already. Just my view, buying a new one will not cost you more, may in fact be less.

Have a pleasant evening.
Thanks for the info and I largely agree; however this charger is destined for use on Prince Edward Island, not Ontario.