Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my X since February 2019. Two problems that arise from time to time, but without consistency, are the driver side window and the radio.

From time to time the driver window, if opened, will not close. It will go to within 1/2 inch of closing and go straight back dow. The frustration is that the only resolve is to repeatedly, and by that I mean dozens upon dozens of times I have to repeat the action of closing the window until somehow it does. This has happened probably a dozen times since I have owned the car.

The radio, when in proper signal areas, will lose Serious XFM access. Trial and error has me switch to FM, select a channel and then usually when I then click on SXM it will restore the signal. Sometimes I have to do this switching to FM several times before it restores.

Anyone else experience these oddities?

My driver’s window would sometimes behave like that in the rain. What’s happening is the seal drag is getting high enough to trip the anti-pinch protection - the car thinks there’s an arm trapped in the window.

If you aren’t driving fast, there’s an easy workaround. If the door is open, the pinch protection is disabled I think - and the seals aren’t rubbing so the drag is lower. You can close the window easily there, then close the door.

No clue on Sirius. I went to the trouble of enabling it and signing up for my big road trip last summer - and promptly discovered that I disliked the selection and DJs and lack of skip options so much that I’d rather stick with streaming and use offline content for those empty spaces out west with no signal.

My windows do not have any problems as you described but I have had the same thing happened to me in my last vehicle (non-tesla) and the dealer need to adjust something in the door. Likely too tight somewhere.

I don't have Sirius so no comment there.

From time to time the driver window, if opened, will not close. It will go to within 1/2 inch of closing and go straight back dow. The frustration is that the only resolve is to repeatedly, and by that I mean dozens upon dozens of times I have to repeat the action of closing the window until somehow it does. This has happened probably a dozen times since I have owned the car.
Did you try these reset techniques?

Model X Reset Techniques

I had the same issue with the driver side front window after I picked up my 2020 X LR+ in March. I had a Telsa ranger who came out to fix it. He advised me to try to keep the tracks clear of debris. It's been working fine ever since.

I have had my X since February 2019. Two problems that arise from time to time, but without consistency, are the driver side window and the radio.

The radio, when in proper signal areas, will lose Serious XFM access. Trial and error has me switch to FM, select a channel and then usually when I then click on SXM it will restore the signal. Sometimes I have to do this switching to FM several times before it restores.

Anyone else experience these oddities?

I had the window problem as well. Ask for service. “Window does not consistently close. Might need adjustment and alignment” If you’re under warranty it’s covered.

It gets worse over time and will eventually cause a premature failure - and eventually being quite a bit of cycles after.