Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Radio cuts out after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Well, if anyone recalls how I had to sue tesla over them breaking XM favorites, (I won), but apparently the lesson didn't sink in.

Now, with 2023.32.7:

Every few minutes (10-20ish), you'll be listening to XM, and then instead of the song title, it shows the RadioID, and the audio cuts out. This isn't 'cuts out due to lack of signal'. It's cuts out due to lack of quality software.

You can't change channels. You can't change/fix anything.
Then sometimes the audio comes back, and sometimes it takes a while.

Anyone else enduring this amazing audio experience?

I'll try to get a video next time, as it occurred multiple times just on the drive to lunch.

Yeah i had a similar issue in 27.xx Also the channel line ups are still wrong and there's no real reason why SiriusXM shouldn't have album art. I'm hoping they throw some XM goodies in the holiday update but not sure they really care.

Yes, I’m having both problems. Artwork and station not in sync with reality. This has been the case for a few months. Some Tesla genus also thought it was a good idea to not be able to select stations by number so searching for the lost favorites is next to impossible.

Now, since the last update, the audio cuts out constantly exactly as you described. Station only shows radio ID. Difficult to change stations to get audio back. A real nightmare. Originally I thought I was losing my hearing now just losing my mind and patience (with Tesla). It’s like Russian roulette with these reckless updates.

Tried a SirusXM refresh. No improvement. Tried a Tesla reboot. No improvement. Stopped driving the Model X - big improvement.

Opened up a service ticket with Tesla. It was promptly closed and they said there is so current solution. Unbelievable!

Btw, the SirusXM in my Kia EV works perfectly.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
well, at lease this time I know how to use small claims and could probably get money much faster...

If someone crashed in to you, you'd require compensation, correct?
If someone breaks something you own, same thing is true.

I cannot believe the lack of simple quality control.

Reactions: araxara