Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Stealth satin finish PPF easy to maintain ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this thread, I am waiting on my VIN but of course have been going crazy with accessories and preparation. Including scheduling a very optimistic XPEL PPF and tinting appointment, LOL but the installer was very open to moving the install date out to when the car actually arrives. Have a blue LR AWD on order with white interior, plan to have a full tint applied to all windows and a full XPEL matte/ceramic to the paint. Once I get the car and get the tint/XPEL done I'll be back with pics.

Congrats on the car !

Thanks for this thread, I am waiting on my VIN but of course have been going crazy with accessories and preparation. Including scheduling a very optimistic XPEL PPF and tinting appointment, LOL but the installer was very open to moving the install date out to when the car actually arrives. Have a blue LR AWD on order with white interior, plan to have a full tint applied to all windows and a full XPEL matte/ceramic to the paint. Once I get the car and get the tint/XPEL done I'll be back with pics.
I just had mine done as well on my car blue on white interior. You will absolutely love it! As an addition you might want to consider applying ceramic coating on the seats as well.

Attachments

• EC7EF38B-67C6-432F-B20D-CF36866284E1.jpeg
    EC7EF38B-67C6-432F-B20D-CF36866284E1.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 727
  • DA20976E-C582-4FE3-A53C-738FE7F86623.jpeg
    DA20976E-C582-4FE3-A53C-738FE7F86623.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 724
I've been happy I chose to go with XPEL Stealth. I was scheduled to get the Ultimate Plus before I changed my mind to get the Stealth. Using cleaning products made for matte finishes has worked well for me, and my ceramic coating has really helped to keep stuff from sticking.

Here's a couple right after I picked it up from the shop, and a couple recent on an overcast day and in the sun.
20190625_150358[1].jpg
20190625_150416[1].jpg
advan driver side.jpg
advan passenger side.jpg

I’m still waiting to hopefully take delivery of my white Model 3 this week. As soon as I get my car I want to have a full Satin/Stealth PPF wrap put on and I have Been getting estimates from local recommended shops. One shop that has exceptional reviews told me that they do not recommend trying to wrap the film around the really tight body gaps at the front bumper because after time the rubbing will cause the film to lift. He said this is also the case with the really hard edge at the bottom corners of the windshield. So they use plotter cut pieces that go up to edge and with satin PPF wraps they hit the painted edge with 3k grit sand paper to give the exposed painted edge the satin look so it does not flash next to the satin PPF. Anybody else heard of this technique or what are your thoughts on the edges in the right areas lifting?

I’m still waiting to hopefully take delivery of my white Model 3 this week. As soon as I get my car I want to have a full Satin/Stealth PPF wrap put on and I have Been getting estimates from local recommended shops. One shop that has exceptional reviews told me that they do not recommend trying to wrap the film around the really tight body gaps at the front bumper because after time the rubbing will cause the film to lift. He said this is also the case with the really hard edge at the bottom corners of the windshield. So they use plotter cut pieces that go up to edge and with satin PPF wraps they hit the painted edge with 3k grit sand paper to give the exposed painted edge the satin look so it does not flash next to the satin PPF. Anybody else heard of this technique or what are your thoughts on the edges in the right areas lifting?

Uh, I have a satin PPF on my white model 3 and they absolutely did not take sand paper to my paint, now would I have allowed them to.

There are various areas of the car that do not get full coverage, usually because they can't get to the panel edges due to lack of space between panels. Some of them do annoy me given my desire to have it absolutely perfect, but overall doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the finish.

Uh, I have a satin PPF on my white model 3 and they absolutely did not take sand paper to my paint, now would I have allowed them to.

Edit: "nor would I have allowed them to."

In terms of edges lifting, this is what the warranty is for. I've already had the mirrors redone twice due to the wrap shrinking and pulling back from the edges. Also had both front doors replaced, due to lifting just under the window trim. None of this cost me anything other than my time dropping the car off to get fixed.

Since I finally decided to ppf the full exterior of my Model 3 (Deep Blue Metallic), I've been seriously considering the matte/satin finish of XPEL Stealth or STEK Dynomatt. Would anyone care to comment on the maintenance of any of these ? I've had the clear/glossy ppf applied to my last 9 cars and those were easy to maintain.

Thanks in advance.
I’m also thinking about the XPEL stealth for my white Model 3. It said it lasts about 2 years - does it start to peel after that and look bad? Would I have to get it redone?

I’m also thinking about the XPEL stealth for my white Model 3. It said it lasts about 2 years - does it start to peel after that and look bad? Would I have to get it redone?

XPEL STEALTH has a 10 Year Warranty and will certainly last longer than 2 years. Should it ever peel up, bubble, crack, stain, fade, or lift up, we will cover it parts and labor.

I got the ceramic coating mixed up with the PPF. So does the PPF last lifetime?

XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS and STEALTH have a 10 Year Warranty.

Reactions: KyleM3
Got my car back this afternoon -- LOVE the stealth wrap and the effect of the tint. At some point will either do something to address the aero wheels, but today I am just enjoying adding all the accessories I have piled up.

View attachment 459968
idk, man...that Xpel stealth looks damn good with the Aero wheels and tint. At first I didn't like the Aero wheels, but they have been growing on me; especially on black and MSM. But the blue stealth and the dark satin gray of the the Aero wheels look really good

Reactions: XPEL