Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y AWD with induction vs Gemini Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Another question for the group

What does the induction do to the range of the Y AWD? The configurator doesnt show the change when you select that

Does it go to the same range as the PUP with the 21’s?

Another question for those that received the AWD do you feel you miss the performance power after receiving the AWD?

I typically dont drive heavy footed except maybe getting on the highways or some ramps with the highways...otherwise i have a fast car that i dont typically push...

Been going back and forth on performance vs AWD as i dont like the gemini wheels, i like the 21’s , i like the inductions, i like the extra range of the AWD....

Such choices... LOL

Hi. Ok so when I bought my model x back in 2016. I loved it, 75d. When we had services they gave me a loaner P90D. I tasted ludicrous mode for the first time. I smile so hard for like 15 mins. My cheek starting getting sores.

going back to my 75d it’s great. But man I miss that snap speed when I want it.

let’s put it this way.

A fast car can always go slower.
A slow car can’t go faster.

This time around I made sure I order my model Y with performance. And performance upgrade. I wanted to make sure I didn’t have any regrets. It’s been about 1 week seen I took delivery. I’m still smiling ear to ear.

the lost of 26 miles range doesn’t bother me one bit.

I hope this help ya.

I'm jaded and not at all very objective, given I am a Tesla sample of one...

I think the Inductions are the best looking wheel they currently produce and that is what we have on the AWD. Range has been right in-line with what we expected and the car is plenty efficient for an SUV/CUV. I also feel that it is plenty fast and very comfortable, the ride isn't bad at all. I don't think you can go wrong with either spec, and can be efficient in either one, the Performance will just take more discipline and probably feel a slight bit more harsh due to wheel size, suspension, etc. Good luck in your decision!

SS

Last edited:
both seem about the same in efficiency (230-250wh/m). drive comfort is ever so slightly better on the gemini's. swapping my wife's inductions onto my stealth P this morning but drove both cars a good amount and they are very similar.

both seem about the same in efficiency (230-250wh/m). drive comfort is ever so slightly better on the gemini's. swapping my wife's inductions onto my stealth P this morning but drove both cars a good amount and they are very similar.
Hey, now that a couple off months have gone by, do you have any more feedback on Model Y with 19” Gemini wheels vs 20” Induction? I’m looking to order Model Y stealth performance to replace my Model 3 stealth performance w/Aeros and I like the look of the Induction wheels but still concerned about range and ride comfort versus the Gemini.

Reactions: cusetownusa