Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YABATO (yet another bay area tesla owner)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 months into my m3 adventure; finally un-lurking.

here, I'm grabbing some free juice at work:

m3_srplus_at_work.jpg

I live in the bay area, my background is networks/comms with an emphasis on embedded/firmware development.

in that photo, you can see another model 3 in the background; yeah, we have a lot of teslas at work ;) when my ICE car was telling me it was time to make a change, the choice of the model 3 was an easy one.

other hobbies: I like to design and build DIY audio systems (DACs, preamps, speakers). I enjoy doing hardware one-off projects, especially if it involves arduinos and raspberry pi systems.

/bryan

just got the 50.1 sw update today. its impressive. I didn't buy FSD but I'm trying to convince myself to do so, at some point. seeing progress from updates like this sure does help.

I did purchase FSD, but I'm on HW2.5, so I don't get the updated visualizations. Waiting for my VIN to come up for the HW3 upgrade....

Do you get the new visualizations without the FSD ?

I can see traffic lights change color in real time, stop signs (they don't change color, lol), and street markings, both real and virtual. its impressive.

I want them to be USED, not just seen ;) but seen is a good step forwards.

sw_40_traf_light.jpg

Last edited:
just had a funny thought: imagine if elon announced that, for the next month, anyone buying FSD post-purchase will trigger that revenue being directly used toward upgrading a non hw3.0 FSD customer. and that such purchases would be, say, half price, as a motivator.

I'd pull the trigger. its hard to justify $7k for impulse buy, but half of that, its a lot closer to what many of us could afford. still pushing it, but it would bring in *some* new sales. and while it might annoy those that paid full price, it might help that they get closer to 3.0 hw as a direct result.

wonder if elon would go for it.

just had a funny thought: imagine if elon announced that, for the next month, anyone buying FSD post-purchase will trigger that revenue being directly used toward upgrading a non hw3.0 FSD customer. and that such purchases would be, say, half price, as a motivator.

I'd pull the trigger. its hard to justify $7k for impulse buy, but half of that, its a lot closer to what many of us could afford. still pushing it, but it would bring in *some* new sales. and while it might annoy those that paid full price, it might help that they get closer to 3.0 hw as a direct result.

wonder if elon would go for it.

Could happen - I've leaned you can never predict what they are going to do with the pricing. If it happens, more power to you !!! I paid a total of $7000 - I purchased EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot) for $5K when I ordered and then in March, they temporarily dropped the price to $2K for the FSD upgrade if you already had EAP. When I placed the order for my car in November 2018, FSD was an off menu item that I didn't know about. I'm okay with people getting the better price though.

Keep checking the forums, as it's a great place to keep up on the pricing rumors !!!