Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yawn - Elon tweeted about more Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fred has been cranky towards Tesla lately, mostly when impacted personally. He's in Canada, so ...

Not that many months ago, he was pretty bullish about the supercharger rollout to-date. https://electrek.co/2018/05/12/tesla-supercharger-2018-growth/
Is it true poor, wanker Fred and his publisher are only getting two free Roadsters for all of those phony friend referrals from their website? Hopefully his Model 3 handles freeze all winter.

Elon tweeted the following today:

Is he telling the truth, lying through his teeth or just exaggerating? Let's look at the Superchargers that Tesla had announced that were to open in 2017 in Ontario. By my account there were 20. Of these four were opened in 2017. Nine more opened in 2018. (My 2017/8 split may be off by one or two as Etobicoke may have opened right at the end of 2017) Seven more still have not opened and are unlikely to open in 2018 - these are the two in Mississauga, North York, St Cath, Vaughan, Renfrew and North Bay.

And then there were a whole bunch more that were suppossed to open in 2018, like these. I don't beleive any of these are open or have even been started yet.
Strathroy
Kitchener
Orangeville
Toronto - Liberty Village
Toronto - Yonge & Eg
Toronto - Annex
Scabrorough
Orillia
North Bay
Deep River
Brockville

And then there were 13 more on the Trans Canada route from Sudbury to Winnipeg. Have any of those even been permitted yet.

And this is only Ontari, ari, ari, O.

So why should we believe him this time?

Everyone in the works knows he exaggerates, just like jobs etc.

You're complaining that you got "only" 13 of 20 promised?

Wow I'm still waiting for the last Nav by autopilot off ramp changes that were "All of North America" that somehow missed Canada .

Greater Vancouver and Fraser Valley got 1, yes ONE, if we are calling a super charger a station with 6-20 charge bays.

Just be happy that you got anything at all. I asked when buying model S, can I get a ball cap ? You would think when selling a 150k vehicle they would want you to advertiaimg it when not driving it.

Nope.

Yet hyundia gave me:
1) a plush blanket royal blue with fur on one side ,
2) a toolkit,
3) spare tire.
4) security log for cheap alloy wheels
I'm not sure that I got anything like what I received with a $20,000 car.

Tesla 21 inch wheels and the copper tires were what $7k ? No locking security lug.

They won't even give you a $5 ball cap. Unless you want to pay thier ridiculous markup.

We should give up expecting anything from Tesla. If Tesla motors was a human being they would be a Gold Digger.

They should be focusing on allowing us to drive cost to coast east to west then north from south. Over our entire country.

Also should be focusing on integrating other paid charger nerwork options into the touch panel. So we can see our options in nav planner .

Please don't be offended fan boys . I spent 150k plus 15% tax. That's my experience so far.

I realize that the deployment of superchargers is probably proportional to cars sold and population base... But its hilarious to hear everyone complain about superchargers when they have 10 in their province already. Plus you have level 3 options.

You guys don' know how good you have it, seriously.

Yeah would hate to be in sask or nunavut lol but come on 4 provinces and only major cities?

If they can withhold features ro Canada vehicles . Then they can integrate plugshare into the nav. So we can drive with confidence to ...... Yukon

Yeah would hate to be in sask or nunavut lol but come on 4 provinces and only major cities?

If they can withhold features ro Canada vehicles . Then they can integrate plugshare into the nav. So we can drive with confidence to ...... Yukon
Um... no. Look, Tesla doesn’t want to promote chargers other than Tesla. PlugShare is in general, they have a trip planning section with all the chargers. Thing is, Tesla doesn’t want everyone to charge at the local Nissan dealer. Can Nissans charge at a Tesla charger? Not really... speaking of Nissan...

The problem with Superchargers in the Prairies, is that there are a lot of people which say that they will buy a Tesla when Superchargers start going out west. Is it worth the risk?

Reactions: InternetDude
Everyone in the works knows he exaggerates, just like jobs etc.

You're complaining that you got "only" 13 of 20 promised?
The number was actually 4 out of 20 for 2017. Riverbrick posted the numbers for Quebec and the hit rate is similar. The 13 of 20 is the number of 2017 Superchargers completed as of Nov 20, 2018.

In terms of whining when there are already > 10 in the province - I am not complaining only about Ontario or Quebec. I have collected the data on Ontario SCs so I used those as an example in post 1. I agree that SK is worse. Tesla had 7 on the list for SK in 2018 and it sure looks like they will end up building 0.

Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts
Historically, Tesla has kept (and sometimes exceeded) promises for number of superchargers, just not locations. And the locations that don't happen on schedule are ALWAYS the ones that you want. :) But they do happen. And new ones pop up where you didn't know they were going to be. A lot get held up with permitting and local regs.
This is only true if you give them a TON of slack on the timing. Posts 1 and 16 of this thread show the hard data. With 51 days left in 2018 Tesla has only delivered 65% of the SCs that were scheduled to be completed in 2017! That is not impressive. If your boss gave you 20 tasks to achieve and a year after your deadline you had only completed 65% of them then your performance is lousy and you will quite likely be fired.

This is only true if you give them a TON of slack on the timing. Posts 1 and 16 of this thread show the hard data. With 51 days left in 2018 Tesla has only delivered 65% of the SCs that were scheduled to be completed in 2017! That is not impressive. If your boss gave you 20 tasks to achieve and a year after your deadline you had only completed 65% of them then your performance is lousy and you will quite likely be fired.
Hmm. Have you ever working in a software company? A year late and 65% accomplished isn't bad at all.:D

I also know that the number of Tesla owners has about tripled (or more) here in 2018. Yawn is right.
No offense, but going from 4 to 12 is not that impressive. According to this report there were 12 Teslas sold in SK in Q3 (and 11 were sold in Q2). And Tesla is doing way better than other EVs as one Bolt was sold and one Leaf. But SK is not alone as 98% of EVs sold in Canada are in BC, ON or QC

But I agree that Tesla has to get going and build SCs in SK, especially to facilitate cross-country trips.

Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts
No offense, but going from 4 to 12 is not that impressive...
I said 2018, not last quarter. There are 10 3’s in Regina today and I’m sure more than that in Saskatoon. I know of 2 people in southern SK that bought X’s in the last 2-3 months also. I don’t know what makes you think there are 4-12 Teslas here. Even at the start of the year. There are dozens here.

Ok sorry, the 12 Teslas was the number that was bought in Q3 according to the Fleet Carma report. It looks like cumulative sales of Teslas in SK are 45 Teslas - 21 Model Ss, 11 Model Xs, 12 Model 3s and one Roadster- as of the end of Q3. That is from the entire history of Tesla sales.