Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow 2010 Roadster sport stolen from Converse Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2019-1-27_2-38-47.jpeg

Sadly it’s true. #683 was last seen on the transport truck in Converse, Texas which is close to San Antonio. My plan was to officially introduce myself as the proud new owner of #683 to this wonderful group of Roadster owners once I took delivery of her in Southern California. Alas, that will likely never happen. Thanks to everyone for answering my questions early on when I was contemplating whether to buy a roadster. It was because of your help that made me ultimately fly to Florida and make the purchase. Unfortunately I will never see #683 again.

• Love
Reactions: AtAge19 and Mark77a
Any chance it has OVMS on it that may be tracked?
If you tell the service center will all the centers know, because of anyone tries to buy parts they are going to have to give up a chassis number.

Last edited:
Oh man, sorry to hear about this @Bunnak :(

All shipping companies are required to carry insurance. Assuming the Roadster itself is never recovered, I hope you're able to recover the full purchase price of the car. Additionally, you should consider including the cost of the plane ticket in the claim. If that's denied by the shipping company, hopefully your personal vehicle insurance will cover it.

Unfortunately I never installed ovms.
Tesla told us that they were no longer able to track Roadsters?!? Of course this is from the call center and their knowledge of the Roadster is slim at best. Since this occurred Friday afternoon I've been unable to to contact the SC in Florida for any help.
Another concern is that the battery had a normal charge as it was anticipated to be in California in a few days. The transport has been sitting a couple of weeks to get repaired in San Antonio so the battery will be significantly degraded soon.