Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet Another Silly Gender-Based Parking Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw this beauty, so low.

aqyqu6ej.jpg

etege3a4.jpg

bu3y4ury.jpg

Jesus. That owner needs to learn how to park. If that curb was any higher he would have literally destroyed his entire front end.

But my pic is a real one from the parking lot outside my office window. Every day. Every. Single. Day.
Well, if you're going to nitpick, your vehicle is off-center in that picture also. Given that it's a smaller car than the rest, I suspect there isn't all that much difference between your parking position and theirs. Maybe my eyes are fooling me though. Here's a rendering with a quick attempt at indicating the impact of perspective among other things.

Bonnie2.jpg

Well, if you're going to nitpick, your vehicle is off-center in that picture also. Given that it's a smaller car than the rest, I suspect there isn't all that much difference between your parking position and theirs. Maybe my eyes are fooling me though.

My space is everything 'between the lines'. Their space is everything between their lines. You can use space within your lines however you want. California Rulez. The lines, however, are neutral territory and parking ON the lines is evidence of POOR parking skills.

Points are deducted for that.

Take a look at the picture. (I might have inserted that after you read.)

Also note that they may be leaving extra room for the pretty Tesla, which is not something I would complain too loudly about. :)

Nah, I never get there first. They don't leave room for me. They're not that nice. And since I can give 'first person witness account', I can tell you that they park ON the lines, daily. Draw all the lil lines you want. I'll just take a new pic tomorrow from another angle. Same story, different day.

It's like the jerks you sit next to on a plane who have to take up more than their space by stretching their legs into the space in front of your seat, like you won't notice. It's not the angle. It's that they just think they're entitled to more space than others because, umm, well I don't know why. :)

- - - Updated - - -

(why are you defending them?? They can't park worth a damn! Quit making excuses for these parking lot hogs.)

(why are you defending them?? They can't park worth a damn! Quit making excuses for these parking lot hogs.)
Who's defending? My point was that the relatively simple geometry I did on the image supports my assertion that it's hard to see much to complain about with the vehicle on image left / passenger side.

But while we're on the topic...

I'm far more troubled by the people that do 10 point turns to park so that perfectionists don't post their parking picture on forums. ;)

It was easy enough to see in person. I didn't need lines in the air to tell me what a poor job they did that day and every day. And there is too much traffic to hold people up doing a 10 point turn. Roadsters back in for practical purposes. There's a whole thread on the topic.

Enjoy Japanese parkings :)

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!!

I kindly mentioned to a fellow parking his humongous SUV across the line in a compact spot in Yellowstone, that he "missed".

He replied, "Hey, nobody cares".

I replied, "Wrong. I do."

But of course, HE didn't so he left it. We need more concrete barriers, wheel guides, large metal posts, etc. etc. for these kids that never learned that there may be a reason to color between the lines once in a while.

I'm with Bonnie.