Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke for 12-20 MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tried a couple of different ones.

Square one. Don't like it at all, uncomfortable to drive and handle

Screenshot_20221124-100748.png

But this one is really great, 10K Miles and no issue. :)

Screenshot_20221124-100540.png

Reactions: imsachin
I'm planning to order the yoke steering for my MX'17 75D. It seems it should be a straight swap but I've concerns over steering wheel sensors not recognized during NAP/FSD drives. Can anyone who got it installed please confirm they have no issues? Also my car build is pre cold-weather package so I don't have heated steering wheel. I guess I can't just get a heated steering hoping to miraculously find the connector in there?

As for the installation I found this

But if anyone in BayArea,CA know an installer, please let me know. 🙏

I'm planning to order the yoke steering for my MX'17 75D. It seems it should be a straight swap but I've concerns over steering wheel sensors not recognized during NAP/FSD drives. Can anyone who got it installed please confirm they have no issues? Also my car build is pre cold-weather package so I don't have heated steering wheel. I guess I can't just get a heated steering hoping to miraculously find the connector in there?

As for the installation I found this

But if anyone in BayArea,CA know an installer, please let me know. 🙏
Multiple people in our local club have done it. I’m sure the nanny sensor just looks for torque on whatever is attached to the steering column.

Multiple people in our local club have done it. I’m sure the nanny sensor just looks for torque on whatever is attached to the steering column.

I still haven't mustered enough gumption to make the switch, but based on my reading so far, you cannot add heated steering option unless it was already optioned as such. The harness to drive it from the MCU is not present.

Realize this thread is pushing a month old but wondering if anyone can point me towards and non-yoke replacement for the Model X. I have a 2017 and the steering wheel is a “shiny” leather. I prefer the matte finish of the 3 or the Y. Anyone happen to know where I can get one of those?