Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke peeling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cartrod

Dec 24, 2019
PA
I have a Model X Refresh model w/yoke, purchased in Dec 2021. Material on yoke is starting to peel. I have an appt w/Tesla and they want to charge me $900- to replace/repair the yoke! Shouldn't it be covered by my Tesla warranty? From other posts in this thread I see some owners are covered by warranty and some are not! Any suggestions on how to approach Tesla service is appreciated...thanks for any input.

Reactions: enzoshadow
Might as well get a real leather one. Gonna feel much better than fake leather + better durability.

Might as well get a real leather one. Gonna feel much better than fake leather + better durability.

Did you happen to ask if they have replaced the material with something more durable?

I have a Model X Refresh model w/yoke, purchased in Dec 2021. Material on yoke is starting to peel. I have an appt w/Tesla and they want to charge me $900- to replace/repair the yoke! Shouldn't it be covered by my Tesla warranty? From other posts in this thread I see some owners are covered by warranty and some are not! Any suggestions on how to approach Tesla service is appreciated...thanks for any input.
It is not consistent how they charge it.

I tried to replace Model 3: first time, tried to charge me $800, I cancelled. Second time, I added a comment "hope to get replacement within warranty", they quoted for free.
For model x, they said it is free but a new Yoke model is coming up soon and asked me whether I wanted to replace the same model or wait. I decided to wait.

It is not consistent how they charge it.

I tried to replace Model 3: first time, tried to charge me $800, I cancelled. Second time, I added a comment "hope to get replacement within warranty", they quoted for free.
For model x, they said it is free but a new Yoke model is coming up soon and asked me whether I wanted to replace the same model or wait. I decided to wait.
They said a new yoke model is coming out? Did they share any details on it?

I have a 2021 Plaid and my Yoke is also peeling, Tesla said to wait until the have the new yokes with updated/upgraded materials since they clearly know there is a problem with the material they selected. It's BS that they should even consider charging for a defective part.

Any updated information on the replacement yokes? I was told November, but I can see that these have been "coming" for almost a year now. Of course, Tesla will only replace it once, so you might as well get it right!!!

Reactions: Tz00