Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke Steering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh cool, mind pointing me to that thread?

• Love
Reactions: MarcG
Thank you very much!

Aren’t you being a little extreme with your criticism. Some of us like the yoke and some of us like a rounded wheel. I happen to like both and switch them when I want a change. What I don’t like is the horn set up.
The view you just expressed is reasonable. The post I was responding to was an empty stupid childish remark that just pollutes the thread

Whatever you want to call it, it has resulted in my rarely watching any vids over 5 min. It is like padding out your term paper. I am more likely to watch your content if it is short enough I can consume it quickly as I have a busy day.

If you take 15 minutes to tell me what you could have in 5-10 minutes, I won't be watching in the future. I don't care about the backend economics of YT and how you monetize it. I'll watch your content if it is relevant and not just a time suck to get through it. I am glad YT has the graph now that shows the most watched parts of a vid. I pretty just skip to them as a start.

Had my msp for 1 week now. Yoke seems to be an non issue and if anything am enjoying it being different and learning to use parking etc.
So far I have no desire to push this heavy car to the limit on a race track so the fear of losing the rear and needing to control a slide is nil. If that changes I’ll go for the round wheel!

Had my msp for 1 week now. Yoke seems to be an non issue and if anything am enjoying it being different and learning to use parking etc.
So far I have no desire to push this heavy car to the limit on a race track so the fear of losing the rear and needing to control a slide is nil. If that changes I’ll go for the round wheel!
I agree with what you said, but after driving a demo MS with the wheel, it's so much more of a pleasure to hustle this car through some curves. Yoke is somewhat better on long straightaways, but wheel is vastly better turning. After driving it, my humble view is round is the way to go.

Reactions: MagnusMako
I agree with what you said, but after driving a demo MS with the wheel, it's so much more of a pleasure to hustle this car through some curves. Yoke is somewhat better on long straightaways, but wheel is vastly better turning. After driving it, my humble view is round is the way to go.
True.

And it doesn’t take much imagination to get most of the benefits of a yoke from a round wheel. Just pretend the top part of your round wheel isn’t there and keep your hands always at the 3 and 9 position. Can’t do that the other way around by pretending your yoke is a wheel though.

The round wheel doesn’t block the display in the MS, so that argument for the yoke is not relevant.

The yoke does look and feel different, which is it’s only potential benefit if you like it. But my friends and family thought it looked stupid, so that’s not good, and they are happy I got the wheel.