Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You will get BLACKBALLED if you dare give Tesla Service a bad review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you supposed to do if you cannot get response from Tesla Service after calling them out for horrible service? I didn't pull any punches but was also polite (I didnt tell them how stupid they are or anything). Now after four appointments - two with test drives, one with a tech and one with the service manager who both witnesses and acknowledged the issue - they tell me the issue I have is normal. I asked to be contacted by the manager and they wont call me. I have texted the service person I dealt with and tried to get someone to contact me through the app and nothing. I have been blackballed.

Welcome to the world of owning a Tesla. Unfortunately, what you experience is the reality of some owners. Sorry, you didn’t know about the customer service aspect ahead of time.
At least the car is a blast when it’s working properly?

“Tesla is a startup.”
“That’s normal.”
“That’s part of wear and tear.”
“We’ll let you know when the parts are available.”
“Please use the app to communicate.”

Those are some of the responses I’ve gotten since my first Tesla purchase.

Did you get charged for bringing in the car for them to take a look? Last time I mentioned about suspension sound, they charged me $210 just to have someone take a look and end up telling me it’s normal wear and tear.

Reactions: InternetDude
What are you supposed to do if you cannot get response from Tesla Service after calling them out for horrible service? I didn't pull any punches but was also polite (I didnt tell them how stupid they are or anything). Now after four appointments - two with test drives, one with a tech and one with the service manager who both witnesses and acknowledged the issue - they tell me the issue I have is normal. I asked to be contacted by the manager and they wont call me. I have texted the service person I dealt with and tried to get someone to contact me through the app and nothing. I have been blackballed.
I you want credibility, how about stating simply what your 'horrible' service issues are!
Otherwise you come across as one the the very many short-seller FUD'ers, like Bill Gates.

For what it's worth. We had our Model X in the shop a few different times for the FWD Easter egg not working. Each time they changed out a few parts and the last time was a charm by changing out the shocks or struts. Today my wife picked up her MX and is very much in love with the results. Sure, it took a few tries but they got it. I don't think a Tesla is the easiest thing to work on and I feel they do try their best under these challenges. Each time she was able to receive a loaner. Things may get better. She was being told that there will be a total of 6 service centers in the area. There's already two and one is finishing up. Sure, they are not 100% on track but I really think Tesla is trying to address the service concerns.

Welcome to the world of owning a Tesla. Unfortunately, what you experience is the reality of some owners. Sorry, you didn’t know about the customer service aspect ahead of time.
At least the car is a blast when it’s working properly?

“Tesla is a startup.”
“That’s normal.”
“That’s part of wear and tear.”
“We’ll let you know when the parts are available.”
“Please use the app to communicate.”

Those are some of the responses I’ve gotten since my first Tesla purchase.

Did you get charged for bringing in the car for them to take a look? Last time I mentioned about suspension sound, they charged me $210 just to have someone take a look and end up telling me it’s normal wear and tear.
Yes. So true. I am currently stuck in the "We'll let you know when the parts......" universe. Along with the "Please use the app to communicate" nonsense. EXCEPT when I ask a tough question on the app THEY avoid documenting the tough answer by phoning ME.

You know it is like when I dated the cool girl who said "Don't call me. I will call you."

My daugher had a problem that the service center hadn't fixed after 3 weeks. No help or response. So she looked into the lemon law in Washington state.
She declared the car a lemon with the Washington state attorney general and notified Tesla as outlined in the account page.

Guess what the car got fixed the next day. Sometimes you just go to play hardball