Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model S Sequence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine just dropped to S1. I wonder if that means the 3 people who reserved before me didn't bite at the Signature Series, or if Tesla moved those who originally had "R" numbers into a different list... (I have no idea who was ahead of me - haven't seen them on this forum, anyway). Jaff, what's your current number?

??? Why Me ??? :rolleyes:

Homer_crying.gif

... checked my account again ... TM set me from #9 back to #10 ...

I am S6...until today that is...just for grins & giggles, I logged on to the official site...I've dropped down to S5...somebody in front of me must have bailed on their Sig reservation...

Mine just dropped to S1. I wonder if that means the 3 people who reserved before me didn't bite at the Signature Series, or if Tesla moved those who originally had "R" numbers into a different list... (I have no idea who was ahead of me - haven't seen them on this forum, anyway). Jaff, what's your current number?

Last edited:
So I emailed Tesla customer service, and they said that they are now 'compressing' the reservation lists, removing the 'open' slots, hence the number changes. Since I've been pushed to first, I will "very likely" receive the first Model S in Canada, but he also verified that at this point, everything is projected and little about the Model S production is "set in stone".

Well congratulations KBF! That's awesome. Assuming it really happens. :tongue:

Just out of curiosity, what Canadian city will be graced with the first Model S? (Don't feel obliged to answer if you don't feel comfortable saying... you do realize of course that Tesla will probably ask if they can make a big deal about it in the press... you might want to think about your answer to that.)

It's kinda curious how your slot moved up more than mine, but it doesn't really matter. If they're going to build over a thousand cars a month, they're going to have to develop a much larger capacity to ship them. So I would imagine my car will arrive very soon after yours, no matter what the number!

Yes indeed, congrats KBF...quite a story you'll have to tell...first mass produced, luxury performance EV in Canada!

Of course, you know what this means, eh? ...you have to be the first president of the Model S Club of Canada (all that paperwork :scared::biggrin:) and you have to buy the first round...Bollinger is nice...1959 Bolly Special Cuvee Brut Champers to be exact...:biggrin::wink:

Well congratulations KBF! That's awesome. Assuming it really happens. :tongue:

Just out of curiosity, what Canadian city will be graced with the first Model S? (Don't feel obliged to answer if you don't feel comfortable saying... you do realize of course that Tesla will probably ask if they can make a big deal about it in the press... you might want to think about your answer to that.)

It's kinda curious how your slot moved up more than mine, but it doesn't really matter. If they're going to build over a thousand cars a month, they're going to have to develop a much larger capacity to ship them. So I would imagine my car will arrive very soon after yours, no matter what the number!

Well, ironically I come from a rural area near Steinbach, Manitoba. Not the most "green" part of Canada! I definitely need the 300 mile pack, particularly with our really cold winters and hot summers. The neat thing is that our electricity is almost entirely hydro. Unfortunately MB does buy a tiny bit of cheap coal in off-peak hours but we also have some wind generation. I personally am in the process of adding a grid-tied solar system on my roof - the first in my area as well (I had trouble getting a permit at first - and it's not really financially viable here, but it's a hobby of mine). As pleased as I am to be "tentatively slated in" for the "first" Cdn Model S, I realize that it won't really increase the value of my car much. I'm a fairly well-spoken individual but I don't know how much media attention I'll get. I'll gladly promote Tesla. I love their tech, and I love their business model.

My theory is that when they first gave us Signature numbers, everyone just got their P or R #'s transferred to "S" (just so we knew we indeed had a Signature reserved), but when the opportunity ended to switch over to S, they re-arranged it so that the order depended entirely on time of initial deposit.

Yes indeed, congrats KBF...quite a story you'll have to tell...first mass produced, luxury performance EV in Canada!

Of course, you know what this means, eh? ...you have to be the first president of the Model S Club of Canada (all that paperwork :scared::biggrin:) and you have to buy the first round...Bollinger is nice...1959 Bolly Special Cuvee Brut Champers to be exact...:biggrin::wink:

Ha ha - you have very specific tastes, I see - maybe I'll appoint you to be the Director of Libations. :biggrin: