Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model S Sequence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F: Founders. Internal only. Empolyees and early investors.
SS: Used to be part of Signature Series, but got too big. Roadster and Friends & Family depositors.
S: Signature Series depositors; not Roadster owners.
R: Model S reserved by Roadster and F&F
P: General Production.

F&F program ended June 30, 2009.
This by my customer service rep, Menlo Park, yesterday. It sounds like there are a couple or few hundred in the first 2 categories. This seems to be why numbers changed a few weeks ago for Sig Series depositors.

F: Founders. Internal only. Empolyees and early investors.
SS: Used to be part of Signature Series, but got too big. Roadster and Friends & Family depositors.
S: Signature Series depositors; not Roadster owners.
R: Model S reserved by Roadster and F&F
P: General Production.

F&F program ended June 30, 2009.
This by my customer service rep, Menlo Park, yesterday. It sounds like there are a couple or few hundred in the first 2 categories. This seems to be why numbers changed a few weeks ago for Sig Series depositors.

Interesting. It would indeed explain why my number went from Sig #88 to Sig #2 (it says 'SIGNATURE MODEL S #2' when I log in). If you're a Roadster owner with a Sig reservation, can you confirm that there's a new SS category?

Interesting. It would indeed explain why my number went from Sig #88 to Sig #2 (it says 'SIGNATURE MODEL S #2' when I log in). If you're a Roadster owner with a Sig reservation, can you confirm that there's a new SS category?

I am a friend of a Roadster owner, made my deposit before the June 30, 2009 deadline. My number wandered around for while, from high to low, now back to high, but there is no identifier as to which list, probably because the SS is very new, and is the first part of the old S list, which explains why you went to #2 from 88. If you ordered as an owner, or F&F, you should know it, but with a number of 2, I would guess your are early in the S list. Roadster owners were allowed to reserve weeks before they opened the game to the rest of us. The only reason I found out is I wanted to know the intelligence behind going from 81 to 8, and then back up to 77. Old list, Revised S list, reminding them that I am F&F, so back to new SS list.
All of these numbers are most likely for US depositers. EU, Canada, etc, have their own lists.
As much as I would like to have my car NOW, I gues it doesn't really matter. It comes when it comes. Nothing we can do about it but share dreams on this site.
I see that your avatar looks like the face on the front of the S. Sort of. Cool.

After seeing your post I checked my reservation status on teslamotors.com and it has gone from EU P#332 to EU P#220.

Are there others in Europe that has experienced the same and do you know the reason for this?

I've got no idea for the reason for this but I've recently been told they are talking Q1 2013 for my car, but I CAN choose the 160 miles pack and not loose my spot in the line. I did have P121 but now I've moved upto P81 so something is obviously happening.

Cobos

I've also noticed https is in red and has a red diagonal line thru it. I suppose this means it's not a secure connection any more?

All that means is, according your web browser, the SSL certificate is no longer valid. Hopefully Tesla will fix that and the issue with the reservation numbers disappearing.

were there UK reservations mixed in? maybe they are splitting off the right hand drive reservations into a separate series ...

AFAIK the US and EU/UK numbers have always been a different series.