Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTubeTV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest version of the YouTube app in the Tesla Theater no longer has a link to YouTube TV. I really like catching up on News or other live programs while at the SuperCharger, but now there does not seem to be a way to do this, without going to some third party link via the web browser.

Has anyone found a way to navigate to YouTube TV from the new interface?

Give this a shot in the browser!

I get around this by logging in to the Youtube app in my Tesla. I then search for "YouTube TV". Usually the top hit is an ad for YouTube TV with a "Visit Site" button. When I touch it, YouTube TV starts.
Thanks and this is a nice workaround, but it's still just youtube tv in the browser. It does not give you the full screen Theater experience we had before the latest "upgrade".

Thanks and this is a nice workaround, but it's still just youtube tv in the browser. It does not give you the full screen Theater experience we had before the latest "upgrade".
I had the same problem, used to be able to open YouTube and see an advert for YouTube TV with a link next to it which would open the YouTube TV app on my screen. It’s no longer there. Here’s an easy way to open the YouTube TV app. Open the YouTube browser and click on your user profile. Go to “purchases and memberships”. You’ll see your YouTube TV subscription plan and an ‘open’ link. Click that and you should be good. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem, used to be able to open YouTube and see an advert for YouTube TV with a link next to it which would open the YouTube TV app on my screen. It’s no longer there. Here’s an easy way to open the YouTube TV app. Open the YouTube browser and click on your user profile. Go to “purchases and memberships”. You’ll see your YouTube TV subscription plan and an ‘open’ link. Click that and you should be good. Hope this helps.
Great find! Worked for me. Thanks!