Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouYou Xue crashed while on autopilot (aka Model 3 Road Trip)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per his Facebook page "Tesla Model 3 Road Trip," YouYou Xue, while on a tour of Europe, crashed his Model 3 while on autopilot. He is unharmed, but his tour is over. Here is what he said:

"... guys this is it. The road trip is over. I'm sorry.

Vehicle was engaged on Autopilot at 120 km/h. Car suddenly veered right without warning and crashed into the centre median (edit: divider at the exit fork). Both wheels (edit: one wheel) completely shattered, my door wouldn't even open correctly. I'm unharmed."

Here's the picture he posted.

Attachments

• YouYouXue crashed car tesla model 3.jpg
    YouYouXue crashed car tesla model 3.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 445
Tesla Model 3 Road Trip

Update 00:29 - policeman responding on scene is a fan of the Model 3, go figure. I'm just stating the facts in my post. My insurance is third-party only, which means I will receive no compensation for this collision. I am now calling a tow truck driver who will tow the car to Thessaloniki as it is not drivable. I will make further plans, most likely to repatriate the car back to San Francisco from there. I'm trying to stay positive guys, I'm so lucky to have had this opportunity to represent the EV community and movement, and so unlucky to have had this happen to me after driving without an issue through 25 countries.

Tesla should fast track him a new 3, given all the publicity he's spread.

Why? All he ever does is bash Tesla and expects free goodwill for being an ambassador that breaks laws and uses AP in unsafe environments. I am surprised it took so long for him to wreck. He admits to falling asleep 12+ times in AP mode, drives on AP with headlights off, and many other idiotic videos he has posted while in the drivers seat.

Why? All he ever does is bash Tesla and expects free goodwill for being an ambassador that breaks laws and uses AP in unsafe environments. I am surprised it took so long for him to wreck. He admits to falling asleep 12+ times in AP mode, drives on AP with headlights off, and many other idiotic videos he has posted while in the drivers seat.
You are so wrong. The car clearly was at fault. I have one just like his and mine has tried to kill me several times.

He also complained about his suspension and/or steering making noises a few days ago. It could be mechanical failure.

Tesla Model 3 Road Trip

Sunday May 20 2018
A TON of noise now coming from the suspension, cracking and clacking sounds every time the steering is turned even 10 degrees to one side. But, no support from service centres so thoughts and prayers only for now. Hope the car doesn't fall apart!