Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero G Performance Wheels [best way to purchase these?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All! Just placed my order for a M3P with a delivery date for sometime between 07/25-08/14. This goes without saying, but this is going to be the longest next few weeks!! Hoping to see what you all would recommend on how to get the ZeroG performance wheels. I wanted/tired so bad to have the Uberturbines swapped out with the zero G during the order process, but of course that was a no go… :(. Do I have to pay $5500 for the track package just for the rims? With me getting the performance, will I get all that’s included with that package? I’d be willing to trade if anyone wants the turbines. :)

Solution
Hi All! Just placed my order for a M3P with a delivery date for sometime between 07/25-08/14. This goes without saying, but this is going to be the longest next few weeks!! Hoping to see what you all would recommend on how to get the ZeroG performance wheels. I wanted/tired so bad to have the Uberturbines swapped out with the zero G during the order process, but of course that was a no go… :(. Do I have to pay $5500 for the track package just for the rims? With me getting the performance, will I get all that’s included with that package? I’d be willing to trade if anyone wants the turbines. :)

You can order them direct from Tesla service (after you get the car). They are $750 a pop, same as the Uberturbines. You can make...

You can order them direct from Tesla service (after you get the car). They are $750 a pop, same as the Uberturbines. You can make a good part of the $2250 back by selling your Uberturbines after the swap. Think of it as a $1,000 upgrade.

Tim

Reactions: f308gt4
Upvote 0
Solution
If you don’t insist on the actual zero-G, you can get lookalikes from T-Sportline. That’s what I did, and I opted for the 19” size rather than 20”.

56E79C2B-FFB5-4B29-A51A-4BBC687E6205.jpeg
E8600F5E-28F0-42C8-A50F-D1D55EB20E36.jpeg

Reactions: HodgJ
Upvote 0
That looks nice! Any differences that you can see with the zero g and the t sport line rims?

Thanks. They look almost the same (pic of the Zero-g wheel below). The Tesla version has the wheel caps over the bolts. I don’t know if those will fit over the Tsportline wheels, but I’d be willing to bet they do. I went ahead and bought aftermarket wheel nuts instead. You can use the stock wheel nuts and get aftermarket caps as well.

I got the wheels in black, but they also sell them in a satin gray color that looks like the Zero-G‘s.

The other difference is the width. In the square setup, the Tsportlines are 8.5” wide, while the Zero G are 9” wide. I think you can also get the Tsportlines in a staggered configuration with 8.5” wheels on the front and 10” wheels on the rear. The stock 3P performance wheels are 8.5” wide, and you will lose a little bit of efficiency with the 9” Zero-G wheels, or the staggered Tsportline configuration.

I believe the Tsportlines weigh less than the stock performance wheels and the Zero-G wheels, but its not a tremendous difference in weight.

Like I mentioned earlier, I went with 19” wheels (8.5” square configuration). It gives me a little bit more protection against potholes, at the expense of looks (In my opinion, the 20” wheels look better). But it’s nice to know that you have options.

4D14F708-73F8-4C95-91E5-A9EFA6DB8131.jpeg

Upvote 0
I’m confused on the set. I looked up M3P and I found 8.5 & 10, the Model S is 9’s & 10’s , so that means this set must be from a MYP and not M3P. I figured the center bore may not be exact but didn’t think the bolt pattern would be off and would have rolled fenders if not a wide body kit.

I had no problem with Nismo wheels with 305 and 265’s on my 08 350Z GT convertible. I didn’t think the bolt pattern would be different as I’ve seen Model S brakes and rotors on Model 3.

Sizes are:
20”x10” ET40
20”x11” ET40
5x120 bolt pattern

Upvote 0