Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zoom is useless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's no reason to be rude. The point I've been trying to illustrate to you is that just because you don't deem it a liability doesn't mean Tesla, or governing bodies like the NHTSA don't. At the end of the day, if it were both technically feasible and not a liability of some kind, Tesla would have allowed that functionality. They didn't disable video while driving to spite you.

We can speculate all we want as to why they've chosen to do so, and that's what we're doing here - speculating. Your guess is on the specifics is as good as mine.

Do you have a reasonable theory as to why the NHTSA would consider a safety issue for those sitting in offices to be able to see a live stream of someone driving?

Reactions: jsjohnst
First, it makes me sign in every single time I open the app even if I was in it just a few seconds earlier and even if I click remember this device. I still have to select my company domain and then login with my email and password.

Secondly, why does the video me stop transmitting while I'm driving?

On the plus side, I can at least text myself a link and then click on it in the SMS app on the display and it will launch zoom with that link.
Does that mean the call changes to audio only when put in drive, Or does it completely disconnect you from the call?