Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Hey Siri”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think you could command Siri or other assistant to do things like open your trunk or unlock your door if your hands are full? Kind of like I command it to turn on my lights in my home.
Haven’t gotten my car yet so I can’t try, delivery and vin were just assigned yesterday!

Surprised this not well know here. All of the above requests are possible. Remote S app including apple watch app which you can then combine with Siri shortcuts using the ios Shorcuts app. E.g., I have a sequence where I can say "Get the Tesla ready for departure" and it turns on climate control, starts a dedicated playlist on the phone, activates Homelink, and unlocks the car (after a 30 sec delay).

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone & iPad official thread | Tesla

When I leave work for home a quick button or Siri command uses Shortcuts and Remote S to turn on climate and text my ETA, things I would have done anyway in many more steps and often after underway so in a more distracted driving way. Simple but useful.

So I changed m y phrease refernced in my post above to the name of car as every now and then Siri gave me to Tesla address. So now it’s “Get the Fury ready for departure” I may have to change is again as every now and then Siri hears this...
EE1B96BE-BF39-4707-989D-0BC36687C2CC.png

Reactions: BobAbooey