TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

“Hey Siri”

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by CATTACK, Jul 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CATTACK

CATTACK Member

Do you think you could command Siri or other assistant to do things like open your trunk or unlock your door if your hands are full? Kind of like I command it to turn on my lights in my home.
    Haven’t gotten my car yet so I can’t try, delivery and vin were just assigned yesterday!

2. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

Hey Siri, please tell autopilot I'm still holding the steering wheel ...

• Funny x 4
  3. TerrapinThief

TerrapinThief Member

Electrek had an article about this recently and I was quite excited to hear about it. I love using Siri for unlocking my house, and car seems like it would be equally great. Just hoping it also works with Apple Watch.

Tesla’s Siri integration now works with Model 3

4. flashflooder

flashflooder Member

Hopefully they update the app for Siri shortcuts when iOS12 comes out.

It would be great to tie climate control to a “hey Siri, I’m leaving” command.

5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Could you? Yes.
    Can you now? No

6. durann31

durann31 Member

I think with iOS 12 you can create a Shortcut to do it within the tesla app ... not 100% certain though

7. BobAbooey

BobAbooey Member

8. 12Pack

12Pack Member

Surprised this not well know here. All of the above requests are possible. Remote S app including apple watch app which you can then combine with Siri shortcuts using the ios Shorcuts app. E.g., I have a sequence where I can say "Get the Tesla ready for departure" and it turns on climate control, starts a dedicated playlist on the phone, activates Homelink, and unlocks the car (after a 30 sec delay).

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone & iPad official thread | Tesla

• Like x 2
  9. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

When I leave work for home a quick button or Siri command uses Shortcuts and Remote S to turn on climate and text my ETA, things I would have done anyway in many more steps and often after underway so in a more distracted driving way. Simple but useful.

10. 12Pack

12Pack Member

So I changed m y phrease refernced in my post above to the name of car as every now and then Siri gave me to Tesla address. So now it’s “Get the Fury ready for departure” I may have to change is again as every now and then Siri hears this...
    EE1B96BE-BF39-4707-989D-0BC36687C2CC.png

• Like x 1
  11. BobAbooey

BobAbooey Member

I downloaded the remote s app last night I gave up tryin without it

12. BobAbooey

BobAbooey Member

EE9F4975-D948-4ED1-8939-48AEAF5B1233.png This works pretty good

• Love x 1