Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

テスラ スーパーチャージャー Japanese Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new Supercharger for Sapporo:

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 8.57.20 AM.png

I looked around for a while and it seems like there's no way to make a request.

Thinking about it, considering the data they have for where all their current cars travel, they probably think they're making the best location decisions for their superchargers.

And they're probably right, but I bet it has a bias against locations where Tesla drivers are *not* visiting because of a lack of chargers.

I d like Tesla to add more SC on MichinoEki ETC 2.0 highway exits like the Takasaki SC.
This allows you to charge whithout having to pay extra fees for getting in/out of the highway.

ETC 2.0 lets you get out of the highway for 3 hours without extra charge. There are only 23 exits like that as of now. I have no clue why there is no major push to make as many ETC interchanges compatible with that system. This is clearly the solution for highway EV charging.

I d like Tesla to add more SC on MichinoEki ETC 2.0 highway exits like the Takasaki SC.
This allows you to charge without having to pay extra fees for getting in/out of the highway.

ETC 2.0 lets you get out of the highway for 3 hours without extra charge. There are only 23 exits like that as of now. I have no clue why there is no major push to make as many ETC interchanges compatible with that system. This is clearly the solution for highway EV charging.
Not for discussion, just to provide background information. NEXCO, the company maintaining the highways, leases roads from the government and gets paid for the tolls AND subleases real estate in the service areas.
Michinoeki is usually owned by the local government or agricultural coops, and its business directly competes with that of SAPA.

That's why NEXCO is reluctant to open up more ETC 2.0-type exits.

Reactions: bigfurrymonste
Not for discussion, just to provide background information. NEXCO, the company maintaining the highways, leases roads from the government and gets paid for the tolls AND subleases real estate in the service areas.
Michinoeki is usually owned by the local government or agricultural coops, and its business directly competes with that of SAPA.

That's why NEXCO is reluctant to open up more ETC 2.0-type exits.
Thanks for the explanation. I guess only the Government can force NEXCO to add more ETC 2.0 type exits. But right now since the domestic car makers are not really pushing for EVs we will never see that happen. Things might start to change if and when Toyota massively starts to switch to EVs in Japan.

Reactions: hiroshiy