Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla enthusiasts,

How's everyone doing? 👋 We've got some exciting news to share! We are here to introduce our latest product: Rim Protector For Tesla Model Y 🚗💨. This product is meticulously designed to provide top-notch protection for your Tesla Wheel Rims.🛡👍

To celebrate these new additions, we're inviting 10 TMC fans to put these products to the test and share their honest reviews here!!! Let's take a look at the latest products👇

All-In-One Rimcase Rim Protector For Tesla Model Y 20'' Induction Wheel and 21” Uberturbine Wheels

Product link: https://bit.ly/3TpxMRP

Product picture:
20''.jpg

rim protector.png

rim protector2.png

Features:
  1. Enhanced wheel protection.
  2. Cover Existing Scratches. Save money on wheel repairs.
  3. Snap-on installation, is firm and does not fall off even when driving at high speeds.
  4. Easy to install & easy to remove.
  5. Multiple color options.

21''.jpg

The 21'' hub protective cover is on pre-sale, be the first to experience it! (will be shipped on November 27, 2023)

Lottery quota:
5 for Model Y 20-inch wheel car owners
5 for Model Y 21-inch wheel car owners

How to Participate:
Simply drop a comment below sharing which one you want to try and why.

Requirements:
Own Tesla of Model Y 20'' Induction Wheels or 21'' Uberturbine Wheels

End date:
December 09, 2023

Last edited:
Hi. I've ordered 2 x replacement protectors and 1 other product. The discount would have been very welcome but I couldn't get the TMC20 code to apply so placed the order without it. Teslaunch have to make a profit otherwise its a short-lived business but given the nature of these protectors I think if you were offering a reduced rate on replacements that's as much as we can hope. Maybe anyone purchasing replacements has to be able to show they ordered the pack of 4/5 in the first place.

I ordered the 5 pack
Hope I’ll never use the extra

Reactions: Teslaunch
Hi. I've ordered 2 x replacement protectors and 1 other product. The discount would have been very welcome but I couldn't get the TMC20 code to apply so placed the order without it. Teslaunch have to make a profit otherwise its a short-lived business but given the nature of these protectors I think if you were offering a reduced rate on replacements that's as much as we can hope. Maybe anyone purchasing replacements has to be able to show they ordered the pack of 4/5 in the first place.
Hi! Thanks for your feedback. Recently, we launched this segmented rim protector for the Model Y 21'' Uberturbine wheel. This can reduce the replacement rate. Just replace the worn piece, no need to replace the entire wheel. This new model is more suitable for customers who often wear their rims. If you are interested, please kindly check in the below link. The following two pictures are actual shots of the product on the car. The color is carbon gray.
Product link: https://bit.ly/4b0TWjC
rim protector.png
carbon grey rim protector.jpg

Regarding the discount code: TMC20, I applied with the operation department for unlimited product use. If necessary in the future, you could use this discount code to purchase any product on teslaunch.net. Thanks!

If anyone is looking for protector covers in Matte Black, feel free to shoot me a DM. I'm looking to sell at my cost (way less than retail).
Thanks for your sharing.

If necessary, we can now arrange a set of 21'' original car color carbon gray from the US warehouse for you. It is expected to be delivered in 3 days. Because some fans have reported logistics issues in previous posts, we have prepared to move all shipments to the US and European warehouses. Plans are currently in progress. It is expected to be fully implemented in March. So you don’t have to worry about logistics timeliness in the future.

In terms of color, we are also aware of this problem, so we have noted the corresponding wheel colors of 20-inch and 21-inch on the product page. It was our mistake not to make it clear on the page.

Please kindly DM me if you need a new set of products, and I will arrange it for you ASAP.

Thanks for your sharing.

If necessary, we can now arrange a set of 21'' original car color carbon gray from the US warehouse for you. It is expected to be delivered in 3 days. Because some fans have reported logistics issues in previous posts, we have prepared to move all shipments to the US and European warehouses. Plans are currently in progress. It is expected to be fully implemented in March. So you don’t have to worry about logistics timeliness in the future.

In terms of color, we are also aware of this problem, so we have noted the corresponding wheel colors of 20-inch and 21-inch on the product page. It was our mistake not to make it clear on the page.

Please kindly DM me if you need a new set of products, and I will arrange it for you ASAP.
Thank you for owning the color clarification on the product page - I did see that had been changed after I reached out to support.

I will DM you to discuss options for the Carbon Grey option.

Thanks for your sharing.

I might reach out
I’ve received the pack of 5 21s and I am waiting for warmer weather to install

I might reach out
I’ve received the pack of 5 21s and I am waiting for warmer weather to install
I did the same i.e. I waited for better weather. In that period, two of my lovely new wheels were kerbed. I then took the plunge, wiped down the outer rime of the wheels and snapped the protectors into place. It genuinely takes longer to wipe down the wheel than it does to fit the protectors. Unless you are suffering biblical conditions I'd suggest you just get on and do it.

Further field testing: Since fitting the rim protectors we have now somehow managed to kerb both passenger side wheels! Honestly, 4 years of owning an Audi Q3 Vorsprung and not a scratch on the Audisport alloys. What is it with this car and the Uberturbines?

Anyway, on both wheels I'd suggest the protectors have reduced the damage to rim but not eradicated it entirely. And on both, the protector was damaged enough to be thrown in the trash. So make your own mind up as to the effectiveness but I'd certainly suggest you view the protector as a 'sacrificial' item.

Ok it passed the first test
Light impact and the RIM and ring survived
View attachment 1017469

nice job Teslaunch
For sure, that would have been a similar but more painful rash to the uberturbine had the protector not stepped up to the plate. I reckon that rash will rub down pretty easily too. I'm thinking of getting a touch-up paint for that very reason.

We really shouldn't need to have entire threads devoted to the sheer number of times people hit these wheels against kerbs, potholes .........

For sure, that would have been a similar but more painful rash to the uberturbine had the protector not stepped up to the plate. I reckon that rash will rub down pretty easily too. I'm thinking of getting a touch-up paint for that very reason.

We really shouldn't need to have entire threads devoted to the sheer number of times people hit these wheels against kerbs, potholes .........
I dont agree, for the uber wheels, we have been desperately seeking a solution
The past solutions were a lot of work to install, AlloyGators as an example, or unreliable, Magbak RIM cases, these Teslaunch Rim protectors, finally solve the problem.

The OP was the introduction of a new product and now with real world test results, we know we have a solution.

Thanks Teslaunch. @Teslaunch

I dont agree, for the uber wheels, we have been desperately seeking a solution
The past solutions were a lot of work to install, AlloyGators as an example, or unreliable, Magbak RIM cases, these Teslaunch Rim protectors, finally solve the problem.

The OP was the introduction of a new product and now with real world test results, we know we have a solution.

Thanks Teslaunch. @Teslaunch
What I meant was that the very fact we have so many discussions around damage to these wheels suggests what we all know i.e. the combination of wheel and tire is a poor design at best. What other manufacturer forum has to devote so much time, and design after market products, to protect their wheels?

BTW: from the photo, it looks like your tire took some of the abrasion. With my Uberturbine/Pirelli combo the tire is no help at all. Are you running something different?

What I meant was that the very fact we have so many discussions around damage to these wheels suggests what we all know i.e. the combination of wheel and tire is a poor design at best. What other manufacturer forum has to devote so much time, and design after market products, to protect their wheels?

BTW: from the photo, it looks like your tire took some of the abrasion. With my Uberturbine/Pirelli combo the tire is no help at all. Are you running something different?
Mich AS4